Foundation 1/stretch series

Started by Jeff Gentry, February 15, 2017 · 10 Replies · 3,505 Views

Jeff Gentry

Does foundation one include the stretch series?

I have been lifting for a few years and have a few issues and want to improve my flexibility as well as build joint stability.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Jeff Gentry,

The Foundation One does not include Stretch Series. Stretch Series contains Thoracic Bridge Stretch Course, Front Split Stretch Course and Middle Split Stretch Course.

Luke Searra

Jeff I highly recommend the Stretch Series in combination with lifting. You will need to do each series once per week - the difference will be immediate and in addition to gaining flexibility your aches and pains will decrease.

Jeff Gentry

Thanks Guy's, I have been doing partner acrobatics/acroyoga for about 3yrs now in addition to lifting and the flexibility has/is an issue in the acrobatics.

Pauline Taube

Hi Jeff,

The Stretch courses are great to combine with acroyoga. The Thoracic Bridge course is very helpful to build strength and flexibility in the shoulders which you will need in order to be a solid base and keep your shoulders healthy. The Front Split and Middle Split courses will work on your hamstring and hip mobility which is very helpful in acro too, especially as a flyer to be able to pike and straddle. 

I would highly reccomend the Handstand courses along with your acroyoga training. The wrist series will make your wrist stronger and healthier and the Handstand drills have a great carryover to hand to hand and other acro exercises :) 

Jeff Gentry

Ok got the stretch series, it is intense just what i need though.

 

Pauline Taube

Cool, please keep us posted with your progress :) 

Winter Phoenix

Hi Jeff,

Glad to hear that you have the Stretch Series this is great! I too look forward to following you on your GB journey so please keep us updated on your results while performing each series 1 x per week.

Michael Batuk

Hi Jeff

You've already found out the stretch courses are something for you,as an addition I will just say that foundation course provide a lot of mobility work that will contribute to increase stability and range of motion within the joints.

Ketan Patel

Is the stretch series the way forward to improve overall mobility. I completed the fundamentals series and have a variety of mobility deficits. I am sat for 12 hours a day on a computer so you can imagine how broken I am.

any advice as to how to proceed would be great.

Everett Carroll

Great question Ketan. Foundation One and the Stretch Series are your best next step as they will both address in detail any and all mobility deficits you may have discovered during Fundamentals. They will provide weekly workouts that will improve upon your flexibility, mobility, and strength. Combining the Stretch Series and Foundation One is without a doubt going to be the most effective combination for you. You will quickly begin to feel more mobile, flexible, and be able to combat all of the desk work! If you have any further questions please let us know!