This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE7 (Wall Handstand)

Started by Petri Widsten, February 14, 2017 · 32 Replies · 430 Views

Petri Widsten
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

OK perfect, can you show me the IM5 with the prescribed range of motion please?

It's the first video above with 2 kg, Alessandro 

Alessandro Mainente

IN this case, it does not represent the mastery requirement. IN order to be more accurate as possible I can GUARANTEE you that with the level of the dislocate I'm showing int he video below you will have zero problems on shoulder range of motion.

 

Ryan Bailey
6 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

IN this case, it does not represent the mastery requirement. IN order to be more accurate as possible I can GUARANTEE you that with the level of the dislocate I'm showing int he video below you will have zero problems on shoulder range of motion.

 

Wow. @Alessandro Mainente. How do you even do that with the strength you have?

 

Petri Widsten
5 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

IN this case, it does not represent the mastery requirement. IN order to be more accurate as possible I can GUARANTEE you that with the level of the dislocate I'm showing int he video below you will have zero problems on shoulder range of motion.

 

Well my hands are shoulder width + hands width apart. I understood you can progress once you reach this width but you can continue to reduce the gap to eventually get to where you are (awesome work!)

Alessandro Mainente

Patience, I have the same range of motion on prone and supine variation. the combination of bridge, shoulder extension, and lats mobility has a serious impact on the range of motion. I did my first horrible dislocate with Coach Sommer back in 2011. I remember Coach looking to me like one of the zombies of the 'Walking Dead' series.

Alessandro Mainente

I post below a further clarification.

petri.png

Petri Widsten
7 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I post below a further clarification.

petri.png

:-). You get a different result if you measure when the bar is down. This is how I've done it: my shoulder width (middle delt to middle delt) is 53 cm when my arms are down and my hand width is 10 cm so I've set the gap to 73 cm.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter so much as the final goal is to emulate your dislocate. I'll keep on working towards that with both grips.

Jin Liu

BEAST!