This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE1 Review Step 9

Started by Zachary Ladwig, February 6, 2017 · 33 Replies · 582 Views

Pauline Taube

Hi Zachary,

Good work on the PE, your compression is coming along nicely. Knees close to the chest! Make sure to keep point your toes :) also lay down for each rep. Try not to support with your hands on the floor.

For the iM, you will need to keep the weight stacked directly above the shoulder at all time. Do not allow the weight to shift. I'd reccomend to have a look at Wesley's technical tip video in your course library :) 

Please keep us posted on your progress, you've got this soon ;) 

Zachary Ladwig

Hi! Thanks for the feedback! 

How's it looking? It seems like i am not coming up high enough on the tuck ups, whaddya think?

I think I did a better job with the iM this time around, but let me know! 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Zachary,

Nice job on this one. Your tuck-ups are looking good. You are doing a good job of compressing at the top of each rep. As you do this, you are hunching forward quite a bit. Try to keep your spine straighter as you bring your legs to your chest. You can also see in your video that you rock forward at the top of each rep. Try not to rock as you lift.

On your iM I would like to see more ROM at the bottom of the movement. Also, remember to sit all the way up on each rep finishing with your arm pushed up tall next to your ear.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Zachary, a couple of mistakes in your PE are that:

1-your legs are not together and I can simply see that by your feet that are not touching

2-feet reach the floor every sungle reps before beginning with the following repetition

On the IM the legs are too wide, reduce the feet distance a bit.

Winter Phoenix

Hi Zachery,

Some great coaching tips from Jeffrey and Alessandro. I look forward to seeing your updated videos and following your progress.

Affan Osman

Whats a good way to increase compression at the top? My knees don't quite come as close to my chest.

Alessandro Mainente

A simple squat position. the more the posterior chain it is released the more the compression should be easy.

Zachary Ladwig

Thanks for all the feedback! How do these videos look?

I tried to keep a straighter back on the PE and it was definitely tough. I don't think I have the mobility to bring my legs all the way in yet. I also tried to keep my legs together better and off the ground.

 

iM - I brought the feet a little closer together and tried to do a better job of complete reps. Thoughts? 

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Zachary,

As mentioned previously you need to lay down completely flat for each rep, let the feet touch the ground. While working on this, try also to keep your chest up at the top without touching the ground :) 

Your iM is looking much better! Good work on keeping the weight stacked above your shoulder :) 

Zachary Ladwig

Oooooh i see. I misunderstood. Thanks! I'll post again later this week

Pauline Taube

No worries, Zachary :) looking forward to the video!

Zachary Ladwig

thanks @Alessandro Mainente @Jeffrey Bittner @Pauline Taube How are these tuck ups? They look cleaner to me, but I am still not bringing my knees in close enough :-( 

 

Alessandro Mainente

nice work.

Zachary Ladwig

yay! thanks @Alessandro Mainente does the mean I am good to move on to PE2? Here is the mobility portion again

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Zachary, please notice in the course video how the body it is held in between the 2 legs and not to the side. with the course execution the lower shoulder will move inside the diagonal leg.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente thanks for the feedback! does this look any better?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice modifications.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Alessandro Mainente I’ve been going through and repeating some PE1 to make sure my form is good. How does this one look now? My lower back sometimes aches when I do this or PE 2.

 

i Wonder, is my back rounding too much? 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Zachary,  here follows my point:

-when you do the PE you tend to overload too much the mono-joint hip flexor (and after a lower back pain comes) IF you reach the floor first with shoulder then with the feet. try to coordinate the movement

-on the IM you should try to reach the middle line of the body also with the shoulders. if you notice, your hand reaches in between the legs. but the shoulder it is tilted to the side. this additional required twist of the spine makes the difference.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente thank you!!

do these look any better? less back pain on this try. 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work now, slow down the IM and focus on holding the upper arm always vertical.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

How is this for the iM?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

The diagonal leg has the knee a bit bent in the deepest part of the range of motion, lock it out. and also slow movement is better. the execution has nothing to do with ballistic work.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente

Went slower on these. Any better?