This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wall bridge

Started by Jelena Djordjevic, February 5, 2017 · 34 Replies · 540 Views

Jelena Djordjevic
1 minute ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Definitely some genetical restriction, I should spend the vast majority of the time on levated bridge for now rather than floor bridge.

Oh, I knew it!!! :( 
Should I elevate my legs a bit more? How will I know when it's time to move on floor bridge?

Jelena Djordjevic

@Alessandro Mainente Do you think that my work on TB stretch can bring a positive change because of restrictions? ...I can at least open the shoulders :) I won't give up, but I need to know what to expect, because it can become very frustrating when you think that something can be achieved, and not getting anywhere. I want to be realistic. 

Alessandro Mainente

Genetical predisposition it is something that it is not possible to overcome but you can work for sure to have a good bridge,no matter HOW MUCH, it is an improvement.be positive on that.

Jelena Djordjevic
3 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Genetical predisposition it is something that it is not possible to overcome but you can work for sure to have a good bridge,no matter HOW MUCH, it is an improvement.be positive on that.

Thanks. I almost cried.:)

Jelena Djordjevic

Which position is better, the first or second picture? 

Screenshot_20170218-224213.thumb.png.902875ae5cb8b4224af616e46836a505.png

Screenshot_20170218-224123.png

Leo Trinidad

Awesome job @Jelena Djordjevic. I would choose the second picture then progress slowly to the first picture. :) The second picture has a better thoracic extension.

Jelena Djordjevic

Hi everyone!

What do you think, am I getting better in my bridge or should I spend more time in the elevated bridge? Is there any progress that is visible to the human eye? :D

bridge.jpg

Pauline Taube

Hi Jelena,

Nice progress. I would recommend to spend more time on the elevated bridge this will allow you to get in to the right position. At the moment you are arching more through the low back than the Thoracic. 

Also in the TB the goal is to keep your legs straight and feet together. You also need to squize your glutes hard and press through the heels in order to lean further into the Stretch. Once you can do this you can start lowering your feet closer to the ground :)  

Keep working on it! 

Jelena Djordjevic

@Pauline Taube
Thnx ;)

Currently, this is my max, I am really pressing hard through the heels... OK, spending more time on the elevated bridge is imperative... I will post new photo after some time...

Pauline Taube

I am looking forward to see it, Jelena!

Patience and consistency will get you there ;)