Beginner requirements and fitness level

Started by Jewel Wrick, January 15, 2017 · 1 Replies · 1,650 Views

Jewel Wrick

What is the necessary physical condition to do the fundamentals program? Is it suitable and possible to be done by someone who is just beginning their journey to getting fit-and still has weight to lose? Example, I'm a 27 yo woman 5'9" and 250lbs and little workout experience other than 21 df by Beachbody. Would it be possible for me to even do the foundations program, and can it be used for weight loss-or do I need to lose the weight first to be able to do the moves?

Pauline Taube

Hi Jewel,

Thanks for reaching out. The Fundamentals course is perfect for beginners. It's a gentle introduction course to GST, and I do recommend to complete this course before starting the Foundations. This way you can discover right areas and weaknesses before you move on to the other courses.

The GB courses can definitely be used for weight loss. I do recommend to follow the Thrive nutrition course for making good eating and training habits. Once you start to loose weight the exercises will also become easier. With the GB program there's no quick fix, by patience and consistency you'll build a strong, mobile and lean athletic physique :)