This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

2017 Thoracic Bridge Progress Updates - GB Community

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, December 30, 2016 · 31 Replies · 1,077 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

That's a nice progress on opening the shoulders @Jonas Berglund! Keep it up :)

Peter Ols

Trying to do a bridge Before starting Gymnasticbodies 2017-06

 

Elevated bridge in oktober ( bent knees)

Elevated bridge Jan 20 (more straight knees)

It seems to have progressed. The feeling is much better. Can do elevated bridge for 45-50sek. In the beginning only 10-15 sek.

804F4713-A8EB-4DBE-9F75-7FBCECD1605D.jpeg

C88B6B41-CA8F-4837-8C24-9FD3829F5714.jpeg

2D1DA056-BF69-4263-B3EF-5F3DD496C1DE.jpeg

Pauline Taube

Very nice progress, Peter!

my bridge was similar to yours when I started off ;) 

keep up the great work everyone!

Jonas Berglund

Appreciate it @Étienne Lajeunesse. Keep going at it mate!

Mark Chin

Like a lot of people, I started the TB series all pumped up and then would get to the elevated bridge part and just had nothing.  Could not get off the floor. Finally started to be able to get in in the second half of the year.  Unfortunately, I didn't take pics in the early days, but here are a couple recents:

 

This first one from Dec 12, '17

image.thumb.png.cba830e4f4cbc526d18591d9ed1267ee.png

And below is Jan 21, 2018

 

image.thumb.png.9b1001c518c99ba083f99bb85134d76a.png

Still working on straightening my legs and getting them together, and of course pushing my shoulders past my hands. Maybe by 2019 I can pull it off. Ha.  Sometimes I think you can only do this sport if you are both an obsessive-compulsive and are fine with extremely delayed gratification.  Which narrows the pool, I should think.

Pauline Taube

Awesome progress,Mark :D 

looking forward to follow your continuous GST journey! 

Mark Chin
4 hours ago, Pauline Taube said:

Awesome progress,Mark :D 

looking forward to follow your continuous GST journey! 

Thanks, Pauline. It sure has been fun so far.  I am planning my progress so that I finish the available modules right when Coach decides to put out the Hungarian. (: