This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold-- Need help!

Started by Scott Bryant, December 23, 2016 · 4 Replies · 214 Views

Scott Bryant

Any hints on how to best go about this mobility exercise?  Up until now, I think most mobility exercises were the relatively easy companion to the primary exercise, in this case the frog stand.  I find the frog stand challenging, but like most exercises, I can accomplish with a little time and focus.  However, this exercise appears orders of magnitude more difficult.  Any ideas on how to get started with this one?  Perhaps resting the knees on something initially?

Everett Carroll

Hey Scott,

When students hit a sticking point here, I always suggest form checks for sPL/PE5 and HBP/PE3 before a specific sPL/SE1 form check. Typically there is a deficiency with one of the easier progressions if the specific planche work feels like too big of a jump. Be sure to include the mobilities in the submissions as well! Looking forward to them.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Scott , in case of mastered the HBP/pe3 i suggest to practice the bent arm adv  tuck planche hold for now and then when you have at least 10-15 seconds then you can attempt to raise the legs to half straddle from there.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

In addition to Alessandro's statement... Here is a previously started thread with a lot of useful information  Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold

 

Scott Bryant
On 12/23/2016 at 1:29 PM, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Scott,

When students hit a sticking point here, I always suggest form checks for sPL/PE5 and HBP/PE3 before a specific sPL/SE1 form check. Typically there is a deficiency with one of the easier progressions if the specific planche work feels like too big of a jump. Be sure to include the mobilities in the submissions as well! Looking forward to them.

 

 

Thanks.  Very helpful tips.  Makes a lot of sense and gives me hope.  At least I now know where to focus.  Gotta go now... lots of work to do.  btw... I really enjoy this program-- I'm continually faced with new challenges that seem beyond reach at first, but I've been able to conquer at least up until now...