Crazy Abs

Started by ASForum, January 25, 2010 · 7 Replies · 4,406 Views

ASForum

Crazy Abs

I am curious if this is what a Gymnasts Abs are capable of doing and in general how such abs get formed? Or is it just this guys skill in shaping them this way?

Nick Van Bockxmeer

not quite sure what you are talking about...

the hypertrophy or the stomach tricks?

its just contracting different muscles...rectus abdominis, transverse abdominis, obliques, diaphragm etc. there are tons of videos of people sucking in their stomach and putting it on youtube. However if you want to see something truly extraordinary...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=795znTYZg28&feature=related

as for hypertrophy the shape of your '6 pack' is largely predetermined by the way your body is put together. Not everyone is lucky to have perfectly even cuts through their abs. Mine are pretty asymetric.

Other than that all you can do is reduce body fat and increase hypertrophy. If you are working gymnastics bodies exercises you will get hypertrophy over time.

Marcelo Lara

I don't want to have a 'six pack abs', but how do you reduce the body fat? I always had doubts about it

Richard Duelley
Quelso said:
I don't want to have a 'six pack abs', but how do you reduce the body fat? I always had doubts about it

Eat a clean but calorie deficit diet, use the little formulas or whatever to calculate your caloric needs and then keep a journal of what you eat. I actually woke up early every morning and planned everything I was going to eat that day and stuck to it! I actually cut WAY faster than I expected, you just have to be consistent.

ASForum

Interesting how he did that.

Marcelo Lara

Thanks, niftyvt :)

And what about the exercises with 20%-30% of intensity, during a long time?

Richard Duelley

I kept all my strength training exactly the same which at the time was just a SSC and basic ring work mixed in with some back/front flips for fun. I did ZERO cardio. :mrgreen:

I am not sure what you mean by 20%-30% intensity. . . :mrgreen: I am intense ALL THE TIME! :mrgreen: Except for those deloading weeks 8)

All kidding aside all I did was change my diet, everything else I kept the same. You just have to pay careful attention to your energy levels and how well you sleep. The first month I cut too many calories out of my diet and I started feeling sluggish and I was having trouble sleeping, I recognized this and changed my intake accordingly until I found a nice balance that gave me the results I wanted while maintaining a high energy level.

Marcelo Lara

Very interesting. This destroys all my knowledge about "fitness", hehe