DIY Stall bars with accessories - file with construction details

Started by Benjamin Renaud, December 16, 2016 · 38 Replies · 37,781 Views

Benjamin Renaud

@Dorian Brown Awesome work man, you just made my day. All that time I spent making the file just became that much better. Will share the new version with some other people that I had shared the first one with. Thanks tons. Make sure you contact me if ever you start making one if you need live instructions, tips or anything.

Julia Quigley

Thanks everyone for putting this together!! I have stall bars already, and love the dip station for when I get to that progression. 

Luke Searra

@Dorian BrownAWESOME

Benjamin Renaud

Just realised I could use the dip attachment for arch-ups from reading another post.

Anyone else think of other things I could use it for? Besides the various dips, incline push-ups, chins and pull-ups.

 

Benjamin Renaud

Someone used the file I made with the help of Dorian Brown to make his set of bars with the pull-up and dip add-on. Here is the picture. Glad it was useful for someone.

20272123_10103252322376817_1852168977_n.jpg

Phillip Morrison

Thanks for the work on putting these files together.  I can't wait to build my own.

Avi Samuel
On 1/27/2017 at 5:39 AM, Dorian Brown said:

New link with some minor formatting changes and currency conversions. Hopefully at least one of the formats I uploaded it in should work on everyone's computer.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-vZ-jOxb9nCamZLcFh2TkV4cUk

 

On 1/28/2017 at 7:41 AM, Benjamin Renaud said:

@Dorian Brown Awesome work man, you just made my day. All that time I spent making the file just became that much better. Will share the new version with some other people that I had shared the first one with. Thanks tons. Make sure you contact me if ever you start making one if you need live instructions, tips or anything.

Thank you, you both. I love how I never came across this "direction" of the Dip/ PB attachment design, very interesting :) .

Quality files. Just downloaded the Doc & PDF. 

PS: I am not sure why your RTF is 700M - Wierd - Canceled that download 

Luke Searra

Looks like a beautiful design Benjamin, well done.

Benjamin Renaud

@Luke Searra Thanks, but I'm especially glad that the file was worth making. Took almost a whole day to write up the construction details and measurements. Now I know at least one person used it to make his own Stall bars.

Benjamin Nutt

Hey @Benjamin Renaud, what sort of equipment is required to construct these?

Benjamin Renaud

@Benjamin Nutt, I talk about it in the file, I used a drill press and a miter saw. But it can be done with a hand held drill and a circular saw (I would consider this the minimum) plus you need to buy a forstner bit of the right size for your dowels. Hell someone could do it with a hand brace and handsaws if he really wanted to. It all depends what kind of lumber you buy and what kind of tools you have access to. I bought rough lumber and prepped it at a woodshop where I used to work, but you can buy the lumber from a lumber yard or renovation center if you wanted.

Benjamin Renaud
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:09 PM, Dorian Brown said:

New link with some minor formatting changes and currency conversions. Hopefully at least one of the formats I uploaded it in should work on everyone's computer.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-vZ-jOxb9nCamZLcFh2TkV4cUk

Just thought I'd put this back into circulation if anyone has need for it. Enjoy!

MARK Roberts 370455

Thank you.  Just downloaded your plans.