Best course for me

Started by Bryan Murley, December 15, 2016 · 4 Replies · 1,998 Views

Bryan Murley

Hello all.

I have heard great things about the GST courses and am looking for the best course for me. 

I currently train brazilian jiu jitsu between 8-12 times per week and have made it a personal goal to become more flexible for both injury prevention and performance.

I'm currently moderately strong (I weigh 170, backs squat 375, deadlift 415) but extemely inflexible. I'm considering taking 8-12 months off from lifting heavy weights to soley focus on mobility for jiu jitsu performance. 

With that being said, I'm considering purchasing all three stretch courses but was curious if people would recommend the fundamentals class over this.

Also, If someone could give me an idea of equipment needed for these courses i would be very appreciative.

Thank you!

 

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Bryan :)

The stretching courses will be a great supplement to your training in order to improve your flexibility. I would definitely include these courses in your training. 

The Fundamentals course is a gentle introduction course to GST and the mobility exercises in this course are great to include for daily limbering. 

For the stretch courses you'll need a yoga mat, yoga blocks (optional) and bands (for Thoracic Bridge series). For the Fundamentals you don't need any equipment.

Please let us know if you have any more questions. 

 

 

Bryan Murley

I think I accidently referred to the fundamentals course when i meant the foundations course

Tanya Hill

Hi Bryan, 

With your current fitness background the Foundation One course would be a great addition to your training, along with the three stretch courses. 

 

 

Kevin Kenyon

Hey Bryan - I also train jiu jitsu around 14 times per week and have added Foundation One as well as the 3 stretch routines to my training regimen. I used to rely on yoga for  my mobility work but wanted something that combined both strength and mobility elements. I have to say the stretch routines are worth their weight in gold. The only one that frustrated me a bit was thoracic bridge as I was lacking the requisite equipment.