Best course for a traveler

Started by John Appleton, December 13, 2016 · 6 Replies · 1,777 Views

John Appleton

Hey everyone,

I'm working through Fundamentals, currently in week 3. But starting tomorrow, I'm flying to South America and going to be traveling for 4-5 months. That being said, available equipment may be hit or miss. As I think through what course I'll do next, does anyone have any suggestions with this in mind? i was thinking maybe the stretch series? Due to a herniated L5S1 disc, lower back and leg mobility is my current #1 fitness priority. Thanks for any advice in advance!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi JOhn, for sure foundations 1.

John Appleton

Ok thanks, Alessandro! I was worried there would be many things in that group I may not be equipped to do. 

Douglas Wadle

F1 will tide you over very nicely.  there is very little equipment requirements there.  That may hold you for 6-12 months.  Soak up these elements for all they're worth and don't rush through them.  Do them until they are easy, easy, easy.  I still frequently come back to them when traveling because they are good volume builders and require almost no equipment.  If you want to learn handstand, I do think that combining H1 with it would be very nice for your shoulders and your core and doesn't have much equipment needs either.  

John Appleton

Love the help, thanks guys!

Antonio Alías Montoya

But you certainly need more than for Strecht Series. For Strecht you just need a floor. 

Pauline Taube

Yes F1 definitely. 

I recommend to travel with a pair of gymnastic rings. I've been traveling for 9 months and there are usually parks around where you can find monkey bars to put the rings up. A thin yoga mat for comfort is a good idea too :) 

You can keep the exercises from Fundamentals as daily limber and warmup before the Foundation. Also recommend the stretch courses as when you travel around and sleep on different surfaces you may experience more tightness in your body :)