Hello GB Community, I had a question about Foundation. I see that 4 FSP's are too be achieved by the end of F4, does this include its variations as well? (e.g. front pulls, planche press, etc.) For those who started the Handstand series with past wrist injuries, did you improve, decided to wait longer, any feedback would be welcome. One last question, although I'm not entirely sure if it's appropriate to ask on here, what is the difference between an affiliate certification and a 0.5-4.0 Level Certification? What are the benefits of each? Also are the prices listed for the courses the final price?
Foundation/Handstand Q's
Started by Joaquin Malagon, December 4, 2016 · 15 Replies · 3,385 Views
Hi Joaquin,
Let's see...
1) Some elements incorporate these movements in the training, some do not. A planche press HS is a step or two harder than a front pull, but more relevantly, it can lead to bad press hs habits if it is worked prior to mastering other presses, so it is considered post Foundation level. Most of the others have a full - leverage dynamic movement of this nature though.
2) I do not have wrist problems, but have greatly improved my wrist flexibility and strength using the wrist prep work in Handstand 1
great for those of us with a computer job
3) Certified athletes, and byinvitationcertified coaches, have mastered the material and attended seminars. Affiliates have done this as well as entering a formal business arrangement with Gbodies; best to conduct that conversation privately if it is a route you are interested in
4 Yes, although attendance at a seminar includes F1 and H1 ![]()
Hey Jon
I appreciate the responses, thank you.
One other question, do either courses develop front and back limbers? Also is ankle mobility addressed in these courses? (e.g. loading the ankle laterally)
yes, foundations addresses both.
Jon I have personally helped UFC strikers rehabilitate their striking wrist injuries through H1 wrist series.
Alright great, thanks Alessandro. Hey Luke, were the injuries that you helped to rehabilitate light, moderate or more severe cases?
Mine were not injured but were creaky and ridiculously stiff by my current standards from years on the bags and jongs. The difference is impressive
Nice, I'm not experiencing debilitating issues at the moment. I've been doing some rehab and it's going great, but thought I'd wait a bit longer, although I'm sure the beginning progressions in H1 shouldn't be an issue.
I actually have an important question, do the beginning progressions for sPL start on an incline just as the HBP progressions do, or is any upper body work done alongside the beginning H1 wrist progressions if one were to do H1 and F1 alongside one another?
Hi Joaquin,
The sPL progressions are different than both the HS and HBP. These progressions start on the ground working on the shaping necessary to eventually do a straddle planche. However, the incline work from HBP and the wrist work from HS are both advantageous towards learning a proper planche.
Hey Jeffrey thanks for the response, so to clarify and without getting into too much detail by shaping are you referring to positions where we support our own body? (e.g. plank or something similar) or a non-supportive position? (e.g. hollow body hold or something similar). My primary concern is I haven't built up to anything beyond an incline pushup ![]()
please continue this discussion in the private forum section of foundations One.
Hey Alessandro, I have not started F1 yet as I still have to go through Fundamentals and that will not be until the new year starts, I worked up to an incline pushup on my own through rehab. I just wanted to know if the sPL series requires good wrist mobility to begin with.
no, they do not require. the wrists position can be adjusted in function of personal limitation on sPL.
Alright, thank you Alessandro. Alright no more questions from me, time to prepare for Fundamentals ![]()