This is good stuff.

Started by Maria Marklove, November 30, 2016 · 3 Replies · 1,805 Views

Maria Marklove

I just wanted to say a big thank you, and also to congratulate Coach Sommer and the whole team on an excellent series of courses. I recently bought Foundation 1, the stretching series, movement and handstand (without really knowing what exactly I was getting into). I've only been doing it for one week, but I can see that this is quality content, and it's clear that a LOT of effort has gone into this whole thing (and continues to do so).

I've been training in powerlifting and then oly lifting for 6 years now. A tendonitis injury has disrupted my normal training for a big part of this year, but it's been a good opportunity to focus on my weaknesses. It's that mindset that led me here.

It's obvious Coach Sommer is a great coach; the insights he says during the stretching videos are exactly how I feel, having had years of my own struggles and experiences trying to be an "athlete".

I'm not afraid to take a hit to the ego; I know that my wobbly positions will become solid ones soon enough, and this will help me move and perform better. It's always about the slow game.

Anyway, I always make a point to say thank you for things, so: thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this.

Here's to an army of strong, flexible athletes across the globe.

Mikkel Ravn

Yes, good stuff indeed. Btw, do you still find F1 easy? 

Maria Marklove
11 minutes ago, Mikkel Ravn said:

Yes, good stuff indeed. Btw, do you still find F1 easy? 

Yes, I do, for the most part, but I know it will catch up with me sooner rather than later.

(Also, as mentioned in the other post, my account was not initially set up correctly, so what I was originally seeing was not hard, no matter what setting I was putting it on.)

Henry Firth

I have also to say well done to all involved.

I've been doing this for three months now and seen massive improvements, and the focus on long-term goals and specifically "consistency is more important than intensity" are a much-needed breath of fresh air from traditional hard-and-fast training programs, which encourage yoyo behaviour. 

I'm doing Foundation one, Handstand one and the Stretch Series. 

I feel in control, love the follow-along videos and the fact I can do them at home means I can do this every day without mustering the motivation to go outdoors to the gym. Combined with a slightly improved diet and cycling to work I'm seeing very fast improvements. 

Well done all on putting this together. Much needed and undoubtedly one of the best purchases I've made. I'll be here for some time, looking forward to continuing the journey with you all. 

Cheers,

Henry