Hi all,
I'm not gymnast but a big fan of everything gymnastics, callisthenics and acrobatics. I did weight training in the past but have completely dropped that for bodyweight training only since 2.5 months.
I need a program and advice on how to achieve my goals. I'm 24 years old, height is 1,82m, weight is 81-82kg.
Goals:
- Muscle-up
- One arm pushup (increase reps from 1-2 to 2 x 10)
- Handstand pushup
- V-up or full leg raise
- One arm chin-up
Current abilities needed for goals and extra info
Muscle-up:
- Pullups 2 x 10-15 reps to shoulder level not to the chest
- Ring dips 2 x 5 - 7 reps with hands to mid chest level in bottom position
For the muscle-up I already asked advice in "Ring Strength" section of this forum: http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3311 I will be doing False grip pullups to the chest or as high as possible and Russian dips (assisted & negatives).
One arm pushup:
- One arm pushup 1-2 good reps on the floor and multiple sets of 5 on a 10 inch box
Handstand:
- Headstand at least 60 sec
- Crow stand 20 - 30 sec
- Handstand against the wall at least 60 sec
- Headstand pushup against the wall 2-3 reps
V-up:
L-hold at least 20 sec
Leg lift to horizontal or slightly higher 2 x 7 - 10 reps
One arm chinup or pullup:
- Pullups 2 x 10-15 reps to shoulder level not to the chest
- Pullup with 28kg for 1 rep (bodyweight is 81-82 kg)
- Assisted one arm towel pullup: 1-2 reps
Note: Grip is weak, I have been doing one arm dead hangs. Maybe I need to postpone this goal, not sure...
I've been doing pistols as well, but I can already get 2 sets of 7 - 10 reps... so those are not really a goal anymore. Maybe increase reps or move on to something more difficult like jumping on a box after the pistol.
I like to train frequent instead of a few exhausting sessions. I used to do three exhausting sessions when training with weights but always feel depleted. Now days I like to train I 5-6 days a week and feel much better.
It would be great if some of you could give me some suggestions on how to make a program for this!!
Thanks in advance!!