Cancel Gym Membership

Started by Richard Reis 236924, November 24, 2016 · 1 Replies · 2,457 Views

Richard Reis 236924

Hi all,

I just started with fundamentals.

Needless to say I need a lot of work.

I do Jiu Jitsu 3 days a week. I was thinking of doing GST + going to the gym lift heavy weights the other 3 days (rest on Sundays). 

But silly me just realized this GST stuff will get intense. And I look forward to it! :icon_twisted:

The question however is should I cancel my gym membership? It's already costing $80 per month...

For now I can do all of GST right in my little apartment right? I have parallettes.  

Or will I need gym equipment soon (keep in mind I'm in Fundamentals, I'm 6'4" and weight 240lbs so not exactly skinny, and will do everything step by step so how long before I need to find rings/ a rope? weeks? months? ... God forbid a year?).

If I can do everything in my apartment for the next few months I'll quickly cancel my gym membership and focus solely on these exercises. With fundamentals alone I already feel pain in places I didn't know existed!

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Richards, soon or after you will need a bar or a door where attach the rings, a stallbar and a gym bench. this basically for F1. if you are doing fundamentals I think that you can train at home.