Hey guys.
First of all let me introduce myself, cause this is my first post here!
I am Danny, 17 years old and I live in Holland. I have kickboxed for 1.5 year now, and some fitness/running/bodyweight exercises besides that..
I read Coach Sommer's article about the planche and levers and started training for them, I can hold a Tuck Planche for 20 seconds, strength is not really the problem I think, it's my balance. I still have to start with practicing the lever.
I read some topics on this forum, and I find it all really interesting. I want do train more like a gymnast. But how to get started, and how to combine it with Wrestling and Kickboxing..
I would like some help from you guys with designing a routine for me..
At tuesday I do Kickboxing, at kickboxing it is just sparring, endless push-ups(explosive) and squats, and some isolated abs work..
The rest of the days are still open, I can do Wrestling on Monday if i'd like to. I have a gym where I can lift weights, and at home I have a pull-up bar, some 2 meter ropes to climb, a Bench with lots of weight, I can make some kind of Squatting rack, bars and weights and space enough. I also have some dumbells, but all only 5 kg.
I also have some hills which I can run on!
I can do handstand push-ups half the way down and up, the full ROM is still to heavy, so i practice negatives, and static holds at the top. This evening I will see how long I can hold this static hold..
What do you guys advice me at how many times a week I should practice the Planche and Lever, and the HSPU static holds..
Now I practice everyday, cause I am really enthiousiast, and my body doesn't really seem to have a problem with this.
My primary goal is to get strong and fit, secondary goal is to add some mass and LOOK strong. I weigh 73kg right now, and I am 1m83.. Don't know how to say it in lbs and inches. Sorry. :oops:
My routine now, which is not so clear, I just do whatever I like to do:
Monday: Lifting Weights. Some Cardio. Planche work.
Tuesday: Kickboxing & Planche work.
Wednesday: 3x300M sprint, some miles running, Planche & Lever work.
Thursday: Planche & Lever work, Lunges, Bench Press, Military Press, HSPU static hold..
Friday: nothing..
Saturday: Nothing or heavy work.
Can you guys give me advice on what to do, and how to train best to train AS a gymnast.. I am all open for tips and advice, and don't know much about Gymnastic Training..
Some Strength stats at the moment:
I can hold a Tuck Planche for 20 seconds.
Can do around 8/10 dips on dip bars..
I can do 6 chin-ups. (Palms facing me)
I can do over 40 push-ups. Don't know exact, I shall test!
I can squat atleast 5x70kg.. (While ago though..)
Hope you guys can help me out, gymnastic training seems really fun, and I like to know what exercises I can do with the stuff and strength I have! And how to make them into a nice routine!
With regards, Danny. ![]()