This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Best stretch add-on for achilles and plantaris muscle?

Started by Roald Paaps, November 14, 2016 · 4 Replies · 106 Views

Roald Paaps

Hello fellow gymnastics,

I am a couple of weeks active with the Foundation One program and loving it. I have some issues with my achilles and plantaris muscle on my left leg. Also some lower back pain now and then. I know that my achilles and plantaris muscle are stiff and too short, that's why I want to stretch them by adding one of the stretching programs. Which one is the best for that? At the end I want to incorporate them all, but I don't want to push it... 

Thanks, Roald

Luke Searra

Hi Jim,

Take a look at the Front Split stretch series here: http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/gb-courses/stretch-series/

You can incorporate them all without pushing it but you will have do one stretch series only per day and you can do them M/W/F, middle splits, front splits, thoracic bridge.

Julia Quigley

I've seen huge improvements in my Achilles with the front stretch series! I highly recommend it.

Roald Paaps

When I incorporate the three stretch series on f.e. M/W/F and I do the Foundation One on two other days, I will be fine? I do core, upper and lower all in a row... did some callisthenics before and am used to the workload. Not familiair with the impact of stretching to my body though, especially my lower back.

Alessandro Mainente

Do the stretch series once a week, perform the foundations work once a week AT LEAST, 2 it is better.