I can get one more course...which one next?

Started by Jeremy Kruer, November 11, 2016 · 17 Replies · 2,703 Views

Jeremy Kruer

I currently have fundamentals and foundation 1. I can get one more course (only one) but I'm not sure which one would be best. 

I was thinking I should get a stretching course but I'm not sure which of the 3 would be best to get first. 

Thanks!

 

Jon Douglas

That depends on what is weakest for you :) 

The front split is my favourite but for most adults I think the thoracic bridge will probably be the most beneficial.

Jeremy Kruer
57 minutes ago, Jon Douglas said:

That depends on what is weakest for you :) 

The front split is my favourite but for most adults I think the thoracic bridge will probably be the most beneficial.

I'm lack flexibility in general and I sit at a desk all day. I do have back problems but mainly low back...

So do you think the thoracic would be the best then? 

Pauline Taube

Sounds like the thoracic bridge would be the most beneficial to start with for you. 

However sometimes low back pain relieves by addressing tightness and weakness in the hamstrings. All of the courses target different muscles and are all great to address your weak links :)

Jeremy Kruer

Thanks!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Front splits also targets your lower back by loosening your hamstrings and quads. Thoracic bridge is my least favorite/most needed area to stretch. Handstand 1 is good, too. So I would say one of those three. 

Ryan Bailey
16 hours ago, Jeremy Kruer said:

I can get one more course (only one)

I bet you $100 you will get more than 1  :P.

Jeremy Kruer
1 hour ago, Ryan Bailey said:

I bet you $100 you will get more than 1  :P.

I will in the future, but this is for someone to get me for my birthday so worth the amount they will spend I can only get one! :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

What's your weakest link? Upper back stiffness? Hamstring/quad/calf and ankle tightness? Shoulders and your freestanding handstand? Your hip adductors and glutes? 

 

Sure they all might suck, figure out which one sucks most and get the program that will train it.

Trevor Lewis

I've had low back issues in the past and would recommend the Front Split for that to work on quad tightness.

Trouble with shoulder extension and upper body mobility? (even for simple things like reaching around behind you in a car seat?) - Thoracic stretch series

Want to get a better pancake and better compression for F1 core elements and beyond? Middle Split Series (and FS too really)

It really depends on whats nagging you and what your goals are. I would personally start with Thoracic if you want to move on to handstands at some point, the shoulder extension has been a seriously limiting factor for me and this really helps with that.

Jeremy Kruer

I have pretty good shoulder movement, no issues that I can think of.  The movement that I stubble with the most is swivel hips. I know for a fact that my hamstrings are really tight which may be causing my low back problems. 

Im starting to think the front splits would be best. 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Jeremy,

Both the front split series and the middle split series address these issues. Either one would be a good choice.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
30 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Jeremy,

Both the front split series and the middle split series address these issues. Either one would be a good choice.

 

Swivel hips would be better addressed by Middle Splits, the hamstrings in Front Splits. You can't go wrong.

Jeremy Kruer

I solved my problem.  I got one course for my birthday and the other 2 for Christmas! :)

Alessandro Mainente

I depends on your goal: gst? handstand? mobility?

Mats Trane

I would definetly get HS1

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
1 hour ago, Jeremy Kruer said:

I solved my problem.  I got one course for my birthday and the other 2 for Christmas! :)

Which ones?

Jeremy Kruer
1 hour ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Which ones?

I sit at a computer all day and am very tight.  My main goal is mobility so I got all 3 stretch courses.