This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form requirements

Started by James Kerslake, November 10, 2016 · 8 Replies · 205 Views

James Kerslake

I'm doing the 60s wall handstand and while I can manage the time, I want to be sure my form is correct. What are the criteria for perfect handstand form? Straight legs and pointed toes obviously but hips swivelled forward or back slightly? where should the head be, arm width, shoulder extended or just locked?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi James, I prefer to have hands-on directly on you form, so please post a video and i'll give you a complete answer. video must be made from the side and from the front.

James Kerslake

Sure, videos here

 

 

 

James Kerslake

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi James ,more mobility it is necessary, from my point of view i would say that the hands stance must be reduced so that the elevated shoulder can touch your ears. elbows seem not completely locked out.

due to the nature of your shoulders opening I would ask :

-IM1 mastery form video

-HSPE5 mastery form video

-HS IM5 mastery form video

-HS IM6 mastery form video

James Kerslake

 

James Kerslake

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi James, as I was suspecting you do not have passed the mastery requirement of the first IM (first video) and for this reason I do not expect the mastery of IM5 , in fact you didn't pass also this one.

The form check forum in the handstand one course provides the necessary feedback in order to avoid this type of time loss. 

From my critical point of view you are not ready for wall handstand , and you need to step back to IM1 until it is mastered.