This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE5

Started by Bradley OConnell, November 10, 2016 · 12 Replies · 301 Views

Bradley OConnell

I'm just starting on SL/PE5. There are no follow along videos yet and I'm not sure what is counted as a rep.  Is mastery 10 to the left and 10 to the right or 5 left and 5 right?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Bradley,

Great question! Mastery is 5x10 to the left and 5x10 to the right. This is what the @ symbol after the number of sets and reps means. You will find it on various exercises throughout the courses. Good luck!

Koenraad Van Leemput

I always thought the @ symbol meant "alternating" so 10r@ would be 5 on each side.  This is how I performed these.  

Better get back to retest :facepalm:.

Maksis Riley

I thought the same; I thought this was 10 reps total, 5 each side. Uh oh :blink:

Adam Kirby

You sure about that Jeffrey?  Pretty sure I've seen other coaches say the opposite, that's it's 5 left/5 right.  10 left/10 right would be double the reps of the previous exercise.

In the technique videos Wesley says alternate for 10 reps: https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/sl-pe5/

Bradley OConnell

@Jeffrey Bittner Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't realize the significance of the @ symbol. That will definitely help in the future.

Bradley OConnell

@Adam KirbyI see what you mean about Wesley's explanation.  I'm not to mastery yet, so I'll work toward 10reps per side unless there is further clarification.  If it turns out that it's 5 per side, I'll be there much sooner.

Luke Searra

If in any doubt guys, do more work.

Bradley OConnell

I just wanted to update this thread.   @Jeffrey Bittner is correct, mastery is 5x10 to the right and 5x10 to the left.  This may cause some people to have to revisit this exercise. 

Suzanna McGee

In the technique and tips video, he specifically says "alternating for 10 reps" :) 

Alexander Ghabril

In the new follow along videos it's very clear now. 10 reps is 10 reps each side.

Koenraad Van Leemput

Remember when I realized this was 10 reps EACH side... I FINALLY made it today :facepalm:.  That was pretty brutal...  

Just to be 100% sure, the next one is only 5 per side right :D