Static Holds A.M. / FBE P.M.

Started by EHILL, January 12, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,509 Views

EHILL

I've been having a hard time being consistent with my static and FBE training on the same day. I'm going thru a little hard time with work & life. My static workout takes around 1 hour and the FBE takes around 15 to 20 minutes. I was thinking of doing my static routine during my lunch break at our gym at work and doing the FBE when I get home. My question is will I see the same strenght gains as when I used to do static variation followed by FBE. From what I've read on the boards it sounds like being consistent is key and I feel that if I split my routine up that I be able to complete 4 workouts a week.

I began with a very basic program, working out 4 days/week and working four static positions every day, which included:

1) planche variations

2) BL variations

3) FL variations

4) Handstand work

After I finish my static work for a given workout, which generally consisted of 7-10 sets of each movement, the remainder of my workout looked like this:

Day 1 - horizontal plane pushing and pulling FBE

Day 2 - curling (inverted pullup) and dipping variations (RTO dips, etc..) FBE

Day 3 - pullup and HeSPU variation FBE

Day 4 - multiplane pulling variaions + varied pressing work

Blairbob

If you keep to the schedule, it's probably a very smart idea.

EHILL

Ok awesome as always thanks for the reply.

Charles Weill

I've been following the exact same workout with statics in the morning for four months now, and have seen some awesome strength gains. Haven't tried the other way around for any long period of time, so I can't compare. Good luck!