Advice on my suitability and ability to complete online course.

Started by Jacob Vines, November 9, 2016 · 1 Replies · 1,645 Views

Jacob Vines

Hi all, 
Im looking for some advice regarding my ability to start and follow this type of training that is Gymnastic bodies. 

In 2014 after two years of struggling with a bad shoulder ( impinging and pain with exercise and weights) I had an sub-acromial space arthroscopy and a rotator cuff repair on my right shoulder, since then it has never fully recovered and I still struggle with full range of movement, strength and difficulty with certain exercises leading to soreness and some pain, in saying this I have around 90% of general movement and am able to do certain exercises at the gym hassle free. Also I have long headed bicep tendon pain with certain movements, as a result from all of this my right arm has atrophied from lack of use over the last couple of years, given this, i"m just wondering whether i'd be suitable to actually start a program like this and if so which program would be suitable?
I'm 22 years old and until around the age of 18 i was highly active but for the last few years i have been relatively inactive. 
Thanks so much for your time, look forward to hearing back from you.
Regards, Jacob.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jacob, welcome to GB. there are some questions which come up in my mind, one of these regards why your shoulder never recovered? this is due to poor rehab or a natural consequence of surgery restriction? what doctors said to you? have you ever check a kinesiologist in order to understand properly what could be your limitation in the movements? knowing the limitations it is a good starting point in order to understand where you can push more or less.