This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche Lean Form Check

Started by Ryan Bailey, October 18, 2016 · 33 Replies · 738 Views

Suzanna McGee
On February 9, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Ryan Bailey said:

Hands are now closer to 45 degrees (instead of straight out) with majority of the weight supported by first 2 fingers (thumb and index) and some of the hand. I feel this getting stronger as I lean and the heels of the hand start to rise off the ground.

This was my observation too, that in this position I have more strength…  I just noticed this last week and was about to experiment with it this week. Glad to see your nice planche lean. 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ryan,

Nice job keeping PPT on this one. You are forgetting to protract the scapula at the top of each rep. Only lean as far as you can while still pushing to protraction on each rep. Once you can hit protraction, work on the lean. 

Keep at it!

Ryan Bailey
59 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Ryan,

Nice job keeping PPT on this one. You are forgetting to protract the scapula at the top of each rep. Only lean as far as you can while still pushing to protraction on each rep. Once you can hit protraction, work on the lean. 

Keep at it!

Nice. Good points. As I push lean, protraction gets tough. It's all related I am finding. Thanks again!

Darin Phoenix

Hi Ryan,

Thought I would check in and see how you were coming along. The planche lean is looking much stronger with some nice lines. 

I agree with Jeffrey in terms of the Pseudo Planche Pushups. I like to think as if I am going to do a static hold at the end of each rep even if only for a second. As I stated earlier I like external cues of pushing the floor away as hard as I can even when I get to the top of the rep.

Nice progress. 

Ryan Bailey
43 minutes ago, Darin Phoenix said:

Hi Ryan,

Thought I would check in and see how you were coming along. The planche lean is looking much stronger with some nice lines. 

I agree with Jeffrey in terms of the Pseudo Planche Pushups. I like to think as if I am going to do a static hold at the end of each rep even if only for a second. As I stated earlier I like external cues of pushing the floor away as hard as I can even when I get to the top of the rep.

Nice progress. 

Awesome; Really appreciate the insight. I am backing off the lean just a hair, to let strength build with all these cues.

Thanks again Darin!

Ryan Bailey

Is this better protraction? I am increasing my Intent on each rep as @Darin Phoenix talks about.

I still notice my heal of hand rising as I lean

 Hopefully that is ok as my hands and wrists are feeling stronger.

Thanks,

Ryan

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ryan,

Nice improvement! Keep working on that wrist flexibility!

Ryan Bailey

Thanks, will do; I realize that may be a limiting factor too.

Darin Phoenix

Hi Ryan,

Your from looks good. I love the intent and effort that I am seeing in every repetition that you are performing. This is truly where you will start to see dividends. Make every second of your workout count.

As Jeffrey stated the wrist flexibility will improve with work. 

Looking solid I will continue to monitor your progress with interest.