I usually jump rope for 5-10 minutes, do a quick shoulder routine (w/ band exercises and bar dislocates and some hanging from a bar). do the wrist series from HS1. I do a set of pull ups, push ups with the wrist series, front lever pulls, single leg squats, hanging leg lifts (these would be based on where you are in the grand scheme of things. They're exercises you've mastered and are fairly easy for you to do without making you too tired for your workout), then do H1 workout. I don't find the HS workout taxing, so I do it as a precursor to all my workouts. Balance stuff is best at beginning when neurologically you are fresh. Then I move into my foundation workout. My warmup takes only about 20 minutes, including the jump-roping. I end each session w/ selected mobility work from the stretch programs that I am specifically working on improving. Whole workout takes about an hour. I feel invigorated at the end. You shouldn't feel wiped out, as if you couldn't do any more, or you may be overdoing it. You might feel that way DURING the set
, but shouldn't feel that way after the exercise session.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
f1/h1 scheduling
Started by Jesse Kim, October 10, 2016 · 26 Replies · 891 Views
Hey Jesse,
Jumping rope is a great idea! I prefer 5-10 minutes of light cardio like that or easy jogging. Then I'll do a light limber, like the daily limber from Fundamentals. I then proceed into a warmup consisting of previously mastered progressions (both PE and iM) as described in the Foundations warmup introductory article. I often throw in some rock climbs as well when training at the rock gym.