This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand Training with Hypermobility in the Shoulders

Started by Ulla Scheler, October 7, 2016 · 1 Replies · 72 Views

Ulla Scheler

Hi there,

I am currently doing the Supine Floor Handstand Flexion with Weighted Bar (HS/PE4) with elevated and protracted shoulders (as explained here).

My shoulders are hyperflexible, and when I was younger and quite weak in the shoulders, they popped out partly from time to time.

I mostly don't have these problems anymore, but when I do the PE4, the moment before the moment before the bar touches the ground, it feels very unstable and scary.

Does anyone have a similar problem and are there special exercises to fix this?

Thank you!

All the best,

Ulla.

Alessandro Mainente

Hy Ulla, before moving on consult a medial expert and let him/her know what exercise are you performing, your situation, your situation when you were younger and then come back to let us now.