New to the Boards =)

Started by ForestCloak, January 3, 2010 · 6 Replies · 2,763 Views

ForestCloak

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd pop in to say hi and give a bit of an overview of who I am so I'm not some random girl no one knows. Haha. Anyways, I'm an ex-martial artist (hoping to get rid of the ex) with five years of training in different styles. I also swing dance weekly and dabble in parkour/free running and breakdancing. During the summer I was going to the local gymnastics gym for the drop-ins but had to stop going because of people issues and a car accident. I recently started going again. Some of the coaches I think get kind of frustrated with how slow my progress is, but I mean, isn't that the best kind of motivation? Prove them wrong. Anyways, here's a picture of a collage I created of most of my current goals. As I accomplish each one I'll take a picture of myself and create an alternate one.

DSCN3130.jpg

I am currently working on my cartwheels (apparently they were really bad before...but they're getting fixed), au batidos, handstands, scorpions, bridges (flexibility oriented), back roll to standing (not sure on the name), and front flips. To name just a few.

Anyways, if you have any questions or tips, feel free to give me a shout!

Cheerio and toodle pip,

Cloak

palmcron

welcome here!

I think I remember you from Anthony Gatto's Forum, and maybe rec.juggling, too.

The things you said you're working on are mostly skills; you should also work on prehab, streng and flexibility to prepare for the skills. Just read around here, there's plenty of helpful material in this forum.

Do you have the book?

Nice collage!

ForestCloak

Thanks and yeah, I am from those boards. Haha, I thought I recognized your name. Ah, sorry, I was just listing off the skills. I've been doing a lot of strength training with body weight exercises and KB training as well as started yoga training last night =)

Which book do you mean? *feels like she's missing something*

Quick Start Test Smith

Hi, Cloak. Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad to see some MA pics in there! :D

Blairbob

Forest, welcome.

Dedicated strength training ala GB will help your gymnastics a lot. How's the cartwheel coming?

Charles Weill

Welcome! Nice collage.