Elbow and Wrist Strength

Started by Blake Moody, October 1, 2016 · 1 Replies · 1,540 Views

Blake Moody

I just started getting into calisthenics and gymnastics. And Ive noticed two problems

1) when Im on dip bars my left palm starts to hurt pretty quickly, and Ive noticed some wrist discomfort after my workouts.

2) on the same dip bars, i can hold myself up with slightly bent elbows, but when I try to lock my elbows, i can hold my self at all.

 

Ive been told locked arms are important for a lot of the static holds like planche and cross and such.

are there any exercises or stretches I can do to strengthen these areas

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Blake, for wrists work there is a deep work and lot of information of Handstand 1 course, where you can develop range of motion and connective tissue support.

For the developing of the straight arms strength you need to consider the foundations course first. the when F1-2-3-4 are completed you are enough strong to train with more frequency on the rings course.