This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout planning was F1's best feature

Started by Frank Sonnemans, September 20, 2016 · 29 Replies · 1,519 Views

Frank Sonnemans

Even though I really like the new interface I wanted to give some feedback. To me the requirement to actually plan your week and be accountable for following up was one of the best features of the Foundation program. For me personally it helped to think ahead and work around obstacles like business travel and still be able to get all the exercises done at least twice per week. Experience has shown that not planning in advance always leads to doing less work.

The new system feels more like a workout when you feel like it approach which for me has not worked well in the past. No huge deal because I can program using other tools and just use the F1 progressions. But I for one would argue for bringing the feature back.

Best Regards,

 

Frank

 

Coach Sommer

Hi Frank,

Not gonna happen.  For the vast majority of F1 students the assigned programming for them to handle was simply overwhelming.

Elements of student accountability for the programming begin to be reintroduced in F2 and will be completed mastered by F4.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Assuming you: A) hold yourself to strict range of motion and strict form standards as you workout,  B) have spent time becoming familiar with the manual settings and know what each smiley does within the automatic course program.

You can always write your workout down, for the week, on a piece of paper. After your workout is completed log in and mark what you have done.

If one is savvy enough and before a workout starts they can watch the follow along video and or the course video numerous times to find information that is wanted. (IE: How many reps/sets, form cues, etc.) 

Personally speaking, I do not connect to the internet while I am working out and am unable to watch a follow along video.

 

Martin Jones

I think this change has brought out people's innate ability to 'overthink'. Correct me if I'm wrong Coach, but as I understand it, for the duration of F1, the main aim is developing consistency and not adjusting the minutae to the detriment of action. To the OP, I understand that planning ahead is beneficial, but it is still quite simple to allocate Core to Wednesday, Upper Body to Friday etc.  

Michail Michailidis

One question, Is the mastery template - I mean all the steps with the number of sets and reps available? because it seems that I cannot find it.

Michael Slifka

I was one of the 30% who actually followed the schedule, and appreciated the assigned programming. Honestly thats what i wanted, the olympic training protocol. This appeared to be seven exercises, all mixed up, core, legs and upperbody. And it was and is working beautifully. I couldn't do one hinge row 12 weeks ago, and no i can do the 5X15. And what happens, you guys change the game. Not really interested in what the slackers can't handle. I thought this was about raising standards.

Coach Sommer
3 hours ago, Michael Slifka said:

I was one of the 30% who actually followed the schedule, and appreciated the assigned programming. Honestly thats what i wanted, the olympic training protocol. This appeared to be seven exercises, all mixed up, core, legs and upperbody. And it was and is working beautifully. I couldn't do one hinge row 12 weeks ago, and no i can do the 5X15. And what happens, you guys change the game. Not really interested in what the slackers can't handle. I thought this was about raising standards.

Hi Michael,

All the progressions, programming and steps are still in place.  They now simply operate behind the scenes for F1.

Game hasn't been changed.  Nor have the standards been adjusted in the slightest.  I highly recommend that you read my stickied essay on the new F1 interface at the top of the page much more thoroughly.

As you are here for an Olympic Training protocol, I will give you some National Team Coach advice; "deal with it and move on." ;)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Dylan Pradas

I just wanted to tell the original poster that I agreed with his comment. I loved seeing the full weeks schedule. I aimed to do each move twice per week and stretches once per week. My equipment isn't all located in the same place, so I have to split my workouts up by which "gym" I am going to. For example, can I do the moves with the equipment in my house? Or do I have to go to the park 10 minutes away with pull up bars? Or the other park with the dip bar 20 min away? These requirements set my workout programs, so being able to manually plan by day was very useful. 

Overall I get that coach had to appease the masses and the new interface is very nice, but it is sad to lose this feature.

For those wondering my workaround, I simply have a googlesheet (Excel) with the column listing the workouts and then the days of the week across the top. Color coding the workouts to do each day. 

Stian Stensen
On 21. september 2016 at 1:40 AM, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Frank,

Not gonna happen.  For the vast majority of F1 students the assigned programming for them to handle was simply overwhelming.

Elements of student accountability for the programming begin to be reintroduced in F2 and will be completed mastered by F4.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach,

Does this mean that as soon as 1 of your progression reach F2 it unlocks the "student accountability"?

 

Stian

Tanya Hill

Hi Stian, 

Foundation 2 is the next course.  You can wait until you have completed with the full Foundation One course or if certain progressions are F2 ready you can bump up sooner. 

GymnasticBodies programming is a healthy lifestyle and not a race to the finish line. Take your time and refine all the little details. 

 

 

Coach Sommer
5 hours ago, Stian Stensen said:

Coach,

Does this mean that as soon as 1 of your progression reach F2 it unlocks the "student accountability"?

 

Stian

Hi Stian,

The way the system works is as follows:

- while in F1 all follow along workouts, progressions and programming are generated automatically by the system for you.  Simply evaluate each day's workout via the smiley face system and F1 does the rest.

- In F1 all you are responsible for is learning correct execution, tempo and completing the workouts as provided by using the follow along workout videos.

You may complete the week's assigned workouts in any order and on any day's of the week which you choose with complete freedom.  As long as you get the work done properly, all is good.

- every monday new follow along workouts are generated for the coming week based upon your input with the smiley face evaluations.

- when you eventually pass all of the F1 preparatory elements for a particular element and reach the first F2 progression for that single element, that element only will now drop out of your follow along workouts and you will be responsible for training that particular element on your own. 

Demonstration and Technical Videos and Customer Support are all still available to help you understand and perform the new movement correctly.  But you will now be responsible for maintaining your own tempo and execution.

- note that beginning with F2, that new element will be measured by reps and sets and will not use the smiley face system.  You may train it in the same order on the same day, but you will be personally responsible for logging reps and sets.   

- note also that the actual counting of reps and sets without the smiley face system applies only to your new F2 element.  The rest of your F1 elements will continue to be evaulated by the smiley face system.  This is to ease the transition into the actual recording of workout logs.

- when an element reaches F2, students also have the option of immediately attempting to pass mastery for the F2 new exercise.  Based on how they did (the reps and sets entered; and I would also suggest submitting a video review to customer support), the system will either pass them and bump them on to the next PE the following week, or assign them a starting point in the 9 week training template programming.

- the same process occurs when you reach your second F2 element.

- upon reaching your third F2 element, deload weeks will be then also be inserted into your programming every fourth week to help you recover from the more rigorous demands of F2 training.  At this point students will switch from using the basic 9 week training template to the more advanced 12 week training template which incorporates the deload weeks.

- also upon reaching your third F2 element you gain access to the workout scheduler where you may select a weekly schedule to follow for each of the primary workouts (core, upper, lower, stretch, HS etc).  The system will aid you with this by using your previous F1/F2 training history to generate a suggested weekly schedule that you might be comfortable with based upon your previous workout preferences.

- NOTE the gradual process by which students begin with all follow along workout videos with complete freedom to train whenever they want and then are incrementally taught to handle their own training by passing up to F2 on one element at a time until eventually they are training all F2 elements, no longer need the follow along workout videos to guide their training, are recording their own workout reps/sets and scheduling their own week's training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
1 hour ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Stian,

The way the system works is as follows:

- while in F1 all follow along workouts, progressions and programming are generated automatically by the system for you.  Simply evaluate each day's workout via the smiley face system and F1 does the rest.

- In F1 all you are responsible for is learning correct execution, tempo and completing the workouts as provided by using the follow along workout videos.

You may complete the week's assigned workouts in any order and on any day's of the week which you choose with complete freedom.  As long as you get the work done properly, all is good.

- every monday new follow along workouts are generated for the coming week based upon your input with the smiley face evaluations.

- when you eventually pass all of the F1 preparatory elements for a particular element and reach the first F2 progression for that single element, that element only will now drop out of your follow along workouts and you will be responsible for training that particular element on your own. 

Demonstration and Technical Videos and Customer Support are all still available to help you understand and perform the new movement correctly.  But you will now be responsible for maintaining your own tempo and execution.

- note that beginning with F2, that new element will be measured by reps and sets and will not use the smiley face system.  You may train it in the same order on the same day, but you will be personally responsible for logging reps and sets.   

- note also that the actual counting of reps and sets without the smiley face system applies only to your new F2 element.  The rest of your F1 elements will continue to be evaulated by the smiley face system.  This is to ease the transition into the actual recording of workout logs.

- when an element reaches F2, students also have the option of immediately attempting to pass mastery for the F2 new exercise.  Based on how they did (the reps and sets entered; and I would also suggest submitting a video review to customer support), the system will either pass them and bump them on to the next PE the following week, or assign them a starting point in the 9 week training template programming.

- the same process occurs when you reach your second F2 element.

- upon reaching your third F2 element, deload weeks will be then also be inserted into your programming every fourth week to help you recover from the more rigorous demands of F2 training.  At this point students will switch from using the basic 9 week training template to the more advanced 12 week training template which incorporates the deload weeks.

- also upon reaching your third F2 element you gain access to the workout scheduler where you may select a weekly schedule to follow for each of the primary workouts (core, upper, lower, stretch, HS etc).  The system will aid you with this by using your previous F1/F2 training history to generate a suggested weekly schedule that you might be comfortable with based upon your previous workout preferences.

- NOTE the gradual process by which students begin with all follow along workout videos with complete freedom to train whenever they want and then are incrementally taught to handle their own training by passing up to F2 on one element at a time until eventually they are training all F2 elements, no longer need the follow along workout videos to guide their training, are recording their own workout reps/sets and scheduling their own week's training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Will follow-along videos be released for later Foundation programs beyond Foundation 1? Or are they at all planning to be released?

Coach Sommer
4 minutes ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Will follow-along videos be released for later Foundation programs beyond Foundation 1? Or are they at all planning to be released?

Hi Daniel,

No, I currently have no plans for releasing follow along videos for F2-F4.

If there is an explosion in student progress and interest in F2 follow along workout videos I might reconsider.  But as of now there is only a small minority of F2-F4 students who are interested in such.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Stian Stensen
5 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Stian,

The way the system works is as follows:

- while in F1 all follow along workouts, progressions and programming are generated automatically by the system for you.  Simply evaluate each day's workout via the smiley face system and F1 does the rest.

- In F1 all you are responsible for is learning correct execution, tempo and completing the workouts as provided by using the follow along workout videos.

You may complete the week's assigned workouts in any order and on any day's of the week which you choose with complete freedom.  As long as you get the work done properly, all is good.

- every monday new follow along workouts are generated for the coming week based upon your input with the smiley face evaluations.

- when you eventually pass all of the F1 preparatory elements for a particular element and reach the first F2 progression for that single element, that element only will now drop out of your follow along workouts and you will be responsible for training that particular element on your own. 

Demonstration and Technical Videos and Customer Support are all still available to help you understand and perform the new movement correctly.  But you will now be responsible for maintaining your own tempo and execution.

- note that beginning with F2, that new element will be measured by reps and sets and will not use the smiley face system.  You may train it in the same order on the same day, but you will be personally responsible for logging reps and sets.   

- note also that the actual counting of reps and sets without the smiley face system applies only to your new F2 element.  The rest of your F1 elements will continue to be evaulated by the smiley face system.  This is to ease the transition into the actual recording of workout logs.

- when an element reaches F2, students also have the option of immediately attempting to pass mastery for the F2 new exercise.  Based on how they did (the reps and sets entered; and I would also suggest submitting a video review to customer support), the system will either pass them and bump them on to the next PE the following week, or assign them a starting point in the 9 week training template programming.

- the same process occurs when you reach your second F2 element.

- upon reaching your third F2 element, deload weeks will be then also be inserted into your programming every fourth week to help you recover from the more rigorous demands of F2 training.  At this point students will switch from using the basic 9 week training template to the more advanced 12 week training template which incorporates the deload weeks.

- also upon reaching your third F2 element you gain access to the workout scheduler where you may select a weekly schedule to follow for each of the primary workouts (core, upper, lower, stretch, HS etc).  The system will aid you with this by using your previous F1/F2 training history to generate a suggested weekly schedule that you might be comfortable with based upon your previous workout preferences.

- NOTE the gradual process by which students begin with all follow along workout videos with complete freedom to train whenever they want and then are incrementally taught to handle their own training by passing up to F2 on one element at a time until eventually they are training all F2 elements, no longer need the follow along workout videos to guide their training, are recording their own workout reps/sets and scheduling their own week's training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks coach! The follow along videos are excelent.

Stian

Guido Franchetti
6 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Stian,

The way the system works is as follows:

- while in F1 all follow along workouts, progressions and programming are generated automatically by the system for you.  Simply evaluate each day's workout via the smiley face system and F1 does the rest.

- In F1 all you are responsible for is learning correct execution, tempo and completing the workouts as provided by using the follow along workout videos.

You may complete the week's assigned workouts in any order and on any day's of the week which you choose with complete freedom.  As long as you get the work done properly, all is good.

- every monday new follow along workouts are generated for the coming week based upon your input with the smiley face evaluations.

- when you eventually pass all of the F1 preparatory elements for a particular element and reach the first F2 progression for that single element, that element only will now drop out of your follow along workouts and you will be responsible for training that particular element on your own. 

Demonstration and Technical Videos and Customer Support are all still available to help you understand and perform the new movement correctly.  But you will now be responsible for maintaining your own tempo and execution.

- note that beginning with F2, that new element will be measured by reps and sets and will not use the smiley face system.  You may train it in the same order on the same day, but you will be personally responsible for logging reps and sets.   

- note also that the actual counting of reps and sets without the smiley face system applies only to your new F2 element.  The rest of your F1 elements will continue to be evaulated by the smiley face system.  This is to ease the transition into the actual recording of workout logs.

- when an element reaches F2, students also have the option of immediately attempting to pass mastery for the F2 new exercise.  Based on how they did (the reps and sets entered; and I would also suggest submitting a video review to customer support), the system will either pass them and bump them on to the next PE the following week, or assign them a starting point in the 9 week training template programming.

- the same process occurs when you reach your second F2 element.

- upon reaching your third F2 element, deload weeks will be then also be inserted into your programming every fourth week to help you recover from the more rigorous demands of F2 training.  At this point students will switch from using the basic 9 week training template to the more advanced 12 week training template which incorporates the deload weeks.

- also upon reaching your third F2 element you gain access to the workout scheduler where you may select a weekly schedule to follow for each of the primary workouts (core, upper, lower, stretch, HS etc).  The system will aid you with this by using your previous F1/F2 training history to generate a suggested weekly schedule that you might be comfortable with based upon your previous workout preferences.

- NOTE the gradual process by which students begin with all follow along workout videos with complete freedom to train whenever they want and then are incrementally taught to handle their own training by passing up to F2 on one element at a time until eventually they are training all F2 elements, no longer need the follow along workout videos to guide their training, are recording their own workout reps/sets and scheduling their own week's training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach, thank you very much for the clarification.

Waiting to get to F2, and intending to start now building good habits one step at a time, I was wondering what are the most important elements of a workout schedule and in what order - the analogue of the Thrive pyramid.

I imagine the base of the pyramid is to consistently train for a given number of workouts every week - say hit all Foundations elements twice. Deload and periodisation seem to me close to the top of the pyramid.

In between, how important is it to keep workouts happening on the same days/times and with the same structure (e.g. always doing Foundations and then Handstands on a given day rather than sometimes doing Foundations and then Stretch instead)? Is it  important at all for non professionally athletes? I was thinking that maybe it is only important when your schedule and training get so involved and time consuming that a strict routine is the only way to ensure that everything which needs to be done is done.

James Kerslake

The difficulty I have is that where I train, I do not have signal so cannot watch follow along videos. I have to look at it all beforehand, know what I need to do, then head into the gym to train. Plus the equipment I use is multi shared with other people so I can't always follow exactly along to a video anyway even if I had signal as someone else might be doing a set. 

 

I don't mind planniing my own workouts but I cannot seem to find how to see the progression videos and description anymore? Going to Foundation one, front lever for example on my dashboard, I can only see PE1 - PE6, nothing else. I am on about PE15 so need to see those videos and  I currently have no idea what my next progression is as I cant find the video so cant train today :-/

Cory Fair
7 hours ago, James Kerslake said:

The difficulty I have is that where I train, I do not have signal so cannot watch follow along videos. I have to look at it all beforehand, know what I need to do, then head into the gym to train. Plus the equipment I use is multi shared with other people so I can't always follow exactly along to a video anyway even if I had signal as someone else might be doing a set. 

 

I don't mind planniing my own workouts but I cannot seem to find how to see the progression videos and description anymore? Going to Foundation one, front lever for example on my dashboard, I can only see PE1 - PE6, nothing else. I am on about PE15 so need to see those videos and  I currently have no idea what my next progression is as I cant find the video so cant train today :-/

Front Lever PE15 is Foundation Three, you won't find it in F1.

Jeff Watkins
On 9/20/2016 at 7:37 PM, Frank Sonnemans said:

Even though I really like the new interface I wanted to give some feedback. To me the requirement to actually plan your week and be accountable for following up was one of the best features of the Foundation program. For me personally it helped to think ahead and work around obstacles like business travel and still be able to get all the exercises done at least twice per week. Experience has shown that not planning in advance always leads to doing less work.

The new system feels more like a workout when you feel like it approach which for me has not worked well in the past. No huge deal because I can program using other tools and just use the F1 progressions. But I for one would argue for bringing the feature back.

Best Regards,

 

Frank

 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand Coach Sommer's notes, you will be able to access that feature as you progress to 3 elements at F2:
  "- also upon reaching your third F2 element you gain access to the workout scheduler where you may select a weekly schedule to follow for each of the primary workouts (core, upper, lower, stretch, HS etc)."

Since this was also one of my favorite aspects of the entire program, I'm encouraged to work even harder to get it back! Hard work tempered with wisdom, that is. There's no point in getting injured.

Andrew Molina

Hi Coach,

My question is why can't you let students choose whether they follow a schedule or not? 30% is a pretty large contingent to ignore that handled the old system well (myself included), and while I appreciate the "just deal with it" mentality when it comes to being disciplined during workouts, I don't see a benefit to everyone being under a single system. Both systems are built, it wouldn't be too hard to expose both to students and let them choose which works for them, the scheduled workouts or the flexible ones and satisfy both camps.

I also get that I can write out the same schedule for myself on a piece of paper, and will if necessary, but it's already built, so why not just let us use it?

Thanks,

Andrew

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
On 9/25/2016 at 0:32 AM, Andrew Molina said:

Hi Coach,

My question is why can't you let students choose whether they follow a schedule or not? 30% is a pretty large contingent to ignore that handled the old system well (myself included), and while I appreciate the "just deal with it" mentality when it comes to being disciplined during workouts, I don't see a benefit to everyone being under a single system. Both systems are built, it wouldn't be too hard to expose both to students and let them choose which works for them, the scheduled workouts or the flexible ones and satisfy both camps.

I also get that I can write out the same schedule for myself on a piece of paper, and will if necessary, but it's already built, so why not just let us use it?

Thanks,

Andrew

 

Because in Coach's eyes we're all students and to a Coach--any Coach--there's usually value and merit to the rewards given. Most people want the old system, most people also do not make it past F1. Therein is the issue. Put your head down, do the work, make progress. Scale work and add in higher PE's or larger volume at a lower intensity for play if ever there is a plateau to be broken and keep it moving. Once you're in F2 it won't matter. You can setup your schedule exactly the same as before, and, if life happens, and you find the rationale of NOT doing your workout that day more plausible, well the bar is set lower so that that's not a problem and won't impede your total week's progress. Given Coach's insights this is a net positive.

 

I overdid things up to Thursday as I got overambitious with my training under the new system, took a rest day on Friday (which would otherwise be an F1 and MSs day). As a result, I just coupled F1 and MSs with my movement work yesterday. Come Monday I'll keep it moving. In the old system, I couldn't have done that. Whose fault is it for trying to reinvent the wheel when I already had a working schedule? Mine. That sort of neuroticism and lack of discipline is what Coach is trying to drill into us in addition to the physical aspects of training. @Coach Sommer is not going to change his tune at this point, so unless it's a technical support issue I don't see how furthering this conversation will bring much benefit. Sorry to be brash, but I'm just saying make your peace with it and move on.

Andrew Molina
8 hours ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Because in Coach's eyes we're all students and to a Coach--any Coach--there's usually value and merit to the rewards given. Most people want the old system, most people also do not make it past F1. Therein is the issue. Put your head down, do the work, make progress. Scale work and add in higher PE's or larger volume at a lower intensity for play if ever there is a plateau to be broken and keep it moving. Once you're in F2 it won't matter. You can setup your schedule exactly the same as before, and, if life happens, and you find the rationale of NOT doing your workout that day more plausible, well the bar is set lower so that that's not a problem and won't impede your total week's progress. Given Coach's insights this is a net positive.

 

I overdid things up to Thursday as I got overambitious with my training under the new system, took a reat day on Friday (which would otherwise be an F1 and MSs day). As a result, I just coupled F1 and MSs with my movement work yesterday. Come Monday I'll keep it moving. In the old system I couldn't have done that. Whose fault is it for trying to reinvent the wheel when I already had a working schedule? Mine. That sort of neuroticism and lack of discipline is what Coach is trying to drill into us in addition to the physical aspects of training. @Coach Sommer is not going to change his tune at this point, so unless it's a technical support issue I don't see how furthering this conversation will bring much benefit. Sorry to be brash, but I'm just saying make your peace with it and move on.

Hey Daniel,

I think what I'm confused about is the exact thing you're talking about at the end of your post. Because of the lack of structure now, you pushed yourself beyond your limits and had to scale back. What I liked about the structure was that I trusted it not to push me beyond my limits, and it hasn't. I've steadily been making progress. Now I run the risk of doing exactly what you did, feeling "froggy", as Coach says, and deciding to push harder, because I'm following my own structure rather than Coach's.

To your last point, the purpose of the forum is to foster discussion so I think it's fair that people keep asking questions until they are satisfied. I get Coach might not change his mind, that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't ask for more rationale. (Also Coach mentions changing his mind about stretch straps and blocks in the Stretch Series, so the man definitely has changed his mind before, haha)

I'm continuing this discussion because the decision seems against the very basis of @Coach Sommer's philosophy as I understand it from reading the material on the site and his Tim Ferris podcast: find a program that works, stick to it, don't expect results until the end. Patience and discipline. Removing the structure seems to remove all of that, and so I'd like to understand how that plays into the decision.

Thanks,

Andrew

Coach Sommer

Hi Andrew,

The reason the F1 interface has been updated is that it was not addressing the demonstrated needs of the majority of F1 students as effectively as I preferred.

As you mentioned, if it is not broken do not fix it.  On the other hand if there is a clearly identified need for change, do not hesitate to take effective action.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Kelby O'Shea

Hi all,

For what it's worth. I really like the new format. I've been nursing a meniscus injury from getting a little carried away with the skiers in a warm up and then rolling BJJ for 3 hours (ironic i know). The new format has allowed me to do upper body and core exercises within the new format minus the swivel hips mobility on scapular shrugs. With the new intensity rating system, even injured I was finally able to progress on those elements as I had been stuck on PE1 step 1 for months because I had trouble getting to a park to set up my rings due to consistent bad weather.

It seem to me that those with a good work ethic in the course will continue to get great results, while those that require more flexibility with programming can get some good results as well - just slower. This is the first iteration of this new format, and I think it is a mistake to think it will not be refined over time.

Jeff Watkins

I'll admit that my habits have fallen apart with the new interface and find it more difficult than having a structured regiment. But that is my own fault, and I'm working on a plan to get back on track. I suppose that I'm part of that 30% that needed the strict layout and complete structure--I set a very active and difficult program for myself but being able to see my entire week and check off things as I went made it very doable and kept me consistent. As I said above, I'm encouraged to work harder to get to F2 and get that functionality back again.

Suzanna McGee
4 hours ago, Jeff Watkins said:

I'll admit that my habits have fallen apart with the new interface and find it more difficult than having a structured regiment. But that is my own fault, and I'm working on a plan to get back on track. I suppose that I'm part of that 30% that needed the strict layout and complete structure--I set a very active and difficult program for myself but being able to see my entire week and check off things as I went made it very doable and kept me consistent. As I said above, I'm encouraged to work harder to get to F2 and get that functionality back again.

I am with you, Jeff… while my habits haven't fallen apart (to me, it is easier to stay disciplined day after day then to stop and restart), I too miss the weekly overview. I like to see how my weeks look like and proudly check off my workouts every night and see the nice green color slowly spreading over the week's schedule… now sometimes, I catch myself in the evening "oh, crap, I forgot to go and log in my workout" just because it's kind of anti-climactic. You check the smileys, and that's it…  I understand the new interface and the need for it, so I am  not really complaining. Even though I wish the weekly scheduler/overview would be an option we could choose. But I know it's coming in F2, so I am just super focused to get there :) I am already in one element there, and five elements I am PE5, so hopefully it won't be too long for me… can't wait for my beloved scheduler and colors to come back! Yay.