This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Logging numbers/difficulty with new interface

Started by Cameron Williams, September 19, 2016 · 33 Replies · 974 Views

Cameron Williams

So I take it that we are no longer logging numbers for f1?

For the new "smiley face" feature, what determines if something was easy, hard or "just right"?

if my goal was 4x36r for FL/PE2, for example, and I got 36,36,31,27. Would this be just right or hard? Or if I got 4x36r but it took everything I had... Is this just right or hard?

some guidance here would be appreciated.

Cam

Coach Sommer
6 hours ago, Cameron Williams said:

So I take it that we are no longer logging numbers for f1?

For the new "smiley face" feature, what determines if something was easy, hard or "just right"?

if my goal was 4x36r for FL/PE2, for example, and I got 36,36,31,27. Would this be just right or hard? Or if I got 4x36r but it took everything I had... Is this just right or hard?

some guidance here would be appreciated.

Cam

Hi Cameron,

Your reps and sets are still being logged by the system.  It simply happens behind the scenes now.  Simply be conscientious after completing your workouts with the new smiley face system:

- too easy (next workout the system bumps you up to the next step in the programming progression).

- just right (the system maintains your current programming progression)

- too hard (next workout the system bumps you down to the previous step in the programming progression).

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jamal Khayat
19 minutes ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Cameron,

Your reps and sets are still being logged by the system.  It simply happens behind the scenes now.  Simply be conscientious after completing your workouts with the new smiley face system:

- too easy (next workout the system bumps you up to the next step in the programming progression).

- just right (the system maintains your current programming progression)

- too hard (next workout the system bumps you down to the previous step in the programming progression).

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Is there a way we can still enter in the sets/reps we completed? I prefer doing this quantitatively, its way easier and less ambiguous. 

Coach Sommer
6 minutes ago, Jamal Khayat said:

Is there a way we can still enter in the sets/reps we completed? I prefer doing this quantitatively, its way easier and less ambiguous. 

Hi Jamal,

In F1 - no, there is not.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Marcus Patterson
8 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Cameron,

Your reps and sets are still being logged by the system.  It simply happens behind the scenes now.  Simply be conscientious after completing your workouts with the new smiley face system:

- too easy (next workout the system bumps you up to the next step in the programming progression).

- just right (the system maintains your current programming progression)

- too hard (next workout the system bumps you down to the previous step in the programming progression).

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

HI Coach

 

when I trained this morning and hit just right, it said that next week I would move up a step, not stay on the same one. Am I doing something wrong? (By the way I need to move up a step so it´s fine by me but clashes with what you wrote)

Coach Sommer
10 minutes ago, Marcus Patterson said:

HI Coach

 

when I trained this morning and hit just right, it said that next week I would move up a step, not stay on the same one. Am I doing something wrong? (By the way I need to move up a step so it´s fine by me but clashes with what you wrote)

Hi Marcus,

No, you did it correctly.  The programmers have a small bug with the smiley faces that they are currently addressing.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Marcus Patterson
22 minutes ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Marcus,

No, you did it correctly.  The programmers have a small bug with the smiley faces that they are currently addressing.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Isn´t it like 5 in the morning there, you should be in bed! ;)

Kendra Fay

Silly question, but where is the input available?  I try to click the workouts for the week but there is no log available. It's basically a list of the progressions. Where do I start to input workouts?

Everett Carroll

Hi Kendra,

The way you input your performance is by clicking one of the smiley faces. I believe the developers are working on a calendar view where you can view past performances.

Everett Carroll

 

Cameron Williams

I'm still a little unclear on the following scenarios:

* I hit my numbers but just barely - the last few reps are very challenging. Is this "just right"? Or is it considered "easy" because I hit my numbers?

* I almost hit my reps... say on a 5x36r scheme, I hit 33 or 32 on the last couple of sets... is this "just right" or "too hard"? Is anything other than hitting your numbers considered "hard"?

 

Thanks in advance (and sorry if this has been addressed but I've read through the numerous posts on this subject and have yet to see a clear explanation of this)

Cam

Mats Trane
22 minutes ago, Cameron Williams said:

I'm still a little unclear on the following scenarios:

* I hit my numbers but just barely - the last few reps are very challenging. Is this "just right"? Or is it considered "easy" because I hit my numbers?

 

Cam

Just right

Cameron Williams

Ok thanks Mats! And therefore anything below hitting the numbers is considered "too hard"?

Marcus Patterson
20 minutes ago, Cameron Williams said:

Ok thanks Mats! And therefore anything below hitting the numbers is considered "too hard"?

I read that if you don´t think you should move on yet , you don´t click any face and it will keep your current progression.

Joe DaSilva

But if you don't hit any face then your workout isn't logged.

Keegan Yentsch

That's how I am interpreting it Cameron.

"Easy"- Completed all sets and reps in good tempo and displayed adequate mobility on iM with energy to spare (ready to move on)

"Just Right"- Completed all sets and reps and good mobility but challenging/close to maximal effort (still some ironing out to do/reserve strength to build before moving on to next step; stay put)

"Hard"- Failed to complete all sets and reps (too hard for current fitness levels; move back a step)

"Lacks Mobility"- Completed all sets and reps, but iM needs work (move on but keep working the iM)

Cameron Williams

Sounds good to me, thanks Keegan.

I still prefer logging numbers, but I guess we'll have to get used to the new way!

Giovanni Garcea
2 hours ago, Mats Trane said:

Just right

@Mats Tranethey just changed the message, so when you hit "just right" it tells you that you will stay at the same step the following week... Aren't you supposed to move to the next step if you meet all the reps?

Keegan Yentsch
Just now, Giovanni Garcea said:

@Mats Tranethey just changed the message, so when you hit "just right" it tells you that you will stay at the same step the following week... Aren't you supposed to move to the next step if you meet all the reps?

I think it depends on form, tempo, and perceived effort. If it was an all out maximal effort to meet the given sets/reps and or your tempo slowed to get those last few reps, then it's unlikely you are going to be successful in completing the next steps sets/reps. This would be "just right" from my interpretation. Meaning, where you need to be for your current fitness levels.

If you finished all the sets/reps with good tempo and felt like you had more left in the tank, then it was relatively "easy" and you can handle more, so you move up.

Giovanni Garcea

All right! Last question: what about mastery on a new element? How do you test mastery on a new element in the first week? Which step will the system put you on and how does it work from there?

Kendra Fay

How are folks even getting an option of these faces?  I see the progressions that I had before the system change but I don't see how folks are having the ability to input anything.  

Ryan Reynolds

I think I read on another post you start at step 3 on a new element then if you hit Easy you go to 6 Easy again you go to 9 (mastery).

Antonio Alías Montoya

Is there a possibility to move more than one step in an exercise for the next week once you have logged your first workout without losing your data? Spending at least 9 weeks on some exercise it seems to me way too much, for some exercises I might need much more but for other 3, 2 or even 1 week is possible, specially with new SLS. I read 2 different things about clicking "easy". Yesterday I read you go ahead some steps and clicking just right go ahead just one. Today I ve read from Coach a different thing: Clinkin easy move on step, clicking just right keep you on the same step. So what is the truth? In my opinion there should be all this posibilities: progressing 2 steps, progresing one, keeping you in the same step, regressing you one and progressing one step but keeping you in the last step because of mobility difficulties. So there is one missing, progressing 2 or keeping you in the same? Wich one it is?

Antonio Alías Montoya

Is that true?

" Easy: move up a few steps (if I understand this correctly, you start on step 1, click on easy and next week you'll be at step 5, click easy again and you'll be at step 9) "

 

 

Coach Sommer
4 hours ago, Cameron Williams said:

Ok thanks Mats! And therefore anything below hitting the numbers is considered "too hard"?

Hi Cameron,

Judgement call.

Depends by how much you missed the numbers (by a few reps here and there or by entire sets that weren't even close) and whether or not you feel staying at the current level of programming is productive or whether it is too challenging and you need to drop back a step to stabilize your strength gains.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer