So confused!

Started by Michael Shafer, September 9, 2016 · 14 Replies · 3,989 Views

Michael Shafer

Hi folks, I've been curious about GST for a long time now after having left Crossfit, but I have to admit this web site is really confusing and at times annoying.

First off, I feel I'm logging in 3x each time I come here. 

Next, back in November of 2015 I bought the "Foundation One Online Course" ($80) but I didn't do anything with it until now. However, I've read about this Fundamentals program that looks like it might be a better start for me since I've been out of shape for so long now. So that's another $99 for a 24-day course. (for now, let's ignore how ridiculous a $99 price tag is for a 24-day course) On top of that, I've heard this GB Pro+ thing gives you access to the complete library, but it doesn't mention if Fundamentals is part of that. And GB Pro+ also is $25/month for existing Foundation One members... but on reddit folks were saying that it's $25/month for six months. Is that the case, or is this GB becomes a "subscription" service, ie pay $25/month until you decide you're done? So basically GB has become my online gym until I decide to cancel my subscription? 

I really want to get into GST and the GB instagram is off the hook, but I'm so confused by how everything works here and what the right path is to choose... which is why I never started Foundation before. It's just overwhelming and terms are written out (like PE or SE) assuming I have a clue what they are talking about as a complete newbie.

I have been told that the member forums are excellent so if you could please shed some light on this subject to me, I would appreciate it!

Michael Shafer

Also I'm still confused as to how the pricing works:

  • If I buy GB Pro+, does that give me access to everything including Fundamentals?
  • Is it $25/month indefinitely (subscription model) or is it $25/month for X months (payment plan)? 

Thanks,
Michael

Cole Dano

The one time payment will give you permanent access to Pro+, the monthly model has been phased out.

Fundamentals is a separate, stand alone product.

If you are having problems with your shopping cart, send Cory a message using the Help button and it will get sorted.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Also, if the program setup is confusing read the introductory articles (all of them) a few more times. Give the workouts a go and then parse together what you can glean from the intro articles, your workout exposure, and then these forums. Hope that helps/makes sense.

William Trask

@Michael Shafer 

I'm relatively new to GB started about 4-months ago. At first it I was maybe overwhelmed a little, as Coach has put so much content and detail into his training program. Start with Fundamentals, the price tag at $99 will give you a simplified experience of using the workout scheduler without a lot of variables and will help you recognize many mobility deficits. Lastly it has created a daily limber routine I've followed for the last 3-months.

Once you get that under your belt, the Workout Scheduler will be more familiar and you can really tweak your Foundation training schedule as you find best fits your time and recovery ability. As mentioned, the Intro Articles are super helpful to clarify several issues I've had questions about.

Give it a shot and see if gymnastic strength training is your cup of tea.  I've loved it and my body feels so much better functionally. Good luck with your adventure...

Michael Shafer

Thanks William! I'll go ahead and start with Fundamentals rather than Foundation. I'm definitely feeling a bit overwhelmed by lingo and material, so I'll get to that first and worry about Foundation/GB Pro+ later. It sounds like my cup of tea, but let's see how it tastes. :)

Mark Collins

You will get use to the lingo. If you did crossfit and can understand it's lingo then you have the brains to understand any program.

Darren Frank

Hope it's ok to ask an additional question on this thread, but I'm also confused. I currently have access to Foundation 1 and Fundamentals. I'd like to get the stretch series and the handstand and movement work. What's the best way to get all that without buying duplicate courses? I imagine at some point I'll upgrade the foundation too to get the rest of those, but not there yet. Thanks!

Everett Carroll

Hi Darren,

At checkout, as long as you use the email that F1 and Fundamentals are connected to, the additional courses will be put on to that account. 

Darren Frank

Sorry, I think my question was unclear. I'm confused about what I should purchase. Since I already have fundamentals and foundation 1, the $495 bundle package doesn't seem to make sense, unless there's some upgrade discount. Then I need to purchase the skills package separately? Then later upgrade the foundation series with the upgrade? Or is there another purchase route that makes more sense?

 

Tanya Hill

Hi Darren, 

You can purchase the stretch courses all together in a bundle.

The handstand and movement course can be purchased together in a bundle as well. 

If you wish to upgrade to the full Foundation series, please email GB support and we can assist you further. 

Darren Frank

Done! Thank you Tanya. I didn't see that option on the main page and didn't click through initially. Appreciate your help

Tanya Hill

Your welcome Darren. Any questions you have reach out, we are here to help.