Another staring with shoulder problems question

Started by Neil Evans, August 29, 2016 · 1 Replies · 1,208 Views

Neil Evans

Have been doing HIT  crossfit style training the last few months. Has sure helped me to lose some weight, but as careful as I have been to not do stupid stuff I still keep running into injures. Likely just re-aggravating old injures. At this point I feel like I need to give my shoulders a break from any horizontal pushing, maybe just a bit of rest from any activity will help. 

I'm wondering how practical it would be to start the foundations course and focus only on lower body and core while giving my shoulders some rest for a few weeks / months as needed. Is that possible? Practical?

Thanks

 

Everett Carroll

That's definitely better than not doing any Foundation work at all, Neil. It is common for people to have to work training around issues like the ones you mentioned. You want to get healthy as soon as you can, however. To help get healthy faster, I recommend you go see a physio about the pains that you are feeling. Also remember to avoid aggravating those areas during training  and never train through pain.