Muscle loss when starting out

Started by Joshua Michaluk, August 28, 2016 · 2 Replies · 1,620 Views

Joshua Michaluk

I am starting with fundamentals next week, but being a meathead my whole life I am a little worried about muscle loss. 

 

I definitley need need this type of programming to help with mobility issues, but I have built up a decent amount of muscle and I don't want a ton of atrophy by moving away from weights. 

 

Just st wondering if this is a legitimate worry or will the GST training help retain and gain muscle?

Coach Sommer

Hi Joshua,

Welcome.

For the time being my recommendation is that you place your weights on 'maintainence' while you focus on correcting your mobility deficits.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Michaluk

Thank you for your quick reply, I loved your podcasts on the Tim Ferriss show and cannot wait to get started.