For anyone thinking of starting this program....
I wanted to share my experience with the GST program; I was a long time bodybuilder who turned to Crossfit after getting burned out with the same old routine. Lifting weights just seemed to be my thing, but as I aged, I started to look more at my mobility and all the things I could not do anymore (Like sit on the floor with my legs crossed). I started to search the web for a good stretching and mobility routine when I stumbled across Gymnasticbodies. I was already following Kelly Starrett at MobilityWod but I was getting no where. I started to get injury after injury while continuing Crossfit. It was my own fault, I just did not have the mobility to perform the movements like they were designed so I found myself muscling through everything.
That's when I decided to give gymnasticbodies my 100% attention. I put down the weights and focused only on GST and I am so thankful that I did. For all those wondering if you are going to loose strength and muscle using this program like I was, I am here to tell you that you have nothing to worry about. Not only have I not lost any muscle but I am actually putting muscle on in my back which was always a weak area for me, and now I know why it was. (lack of range of motion) I just want anyone considering this program that you will be so glad you did, I am still on the beginning stages of most the movements because as soon as I feel it's almost time to move on I develop more range so therefore I need to strengthen it. I will tell you that if mobility is your restricting factor that you have to be patient, it is a very slow process but WELL worth the time invested. I have been doing the stretch series for 3 months consistently and I am so happy with the small improvements because I know what the hard work will lead to down the road.
As far as injuries I have worked on since starting this program: Back Surgery 4 years ago, Torn Bicep tendon reattachment 1.5 years ago, Elbow pain that was stemming from a tight shoulder that wasn't even hurting but now I realize why my elbow was hurting so bad, and just overall tight restricted muscles everywhere. Hope this post helps anyone considering this program, Don't wait!!! Start ASAP, you will be glad you did.