Hi,
I'm considering starting the program, and trying to understand if it would work for me. A couple of questions I couldn't find answers for, sorry if they're there and I missed them.
1. Injuries. In general - how do I know if the program\specific parts will improve the situation (and should be practiced through pain) or worsen it (and should be avoided). More specifically, I have knee\ankle\foot pains that started about four years ago with an overtraining injury (achilles tendonitis, running), and developed to different pains that come and go (mostly without specific diagnosis). These are at least partially due to an over-pronation tendency of my left foot, which I'm not sure I'll be able to get rid of. I'm also trying to treat this using other means (PT, insoles), but this is another attempt after many that have failed. Should I wait to start GST, to see if this other treatment improves the situation? If I don't, can GST be an alternative way to recover? Should I continue other treatment?
2. I've seen recommendations to stop certain other activities when starting GST. Does this apply to jogging and swimming (I do these in ways that don't affect my injuries)? If it does, what type of cardio activity can be done safely while getting into GST?
Many thanks,
D