This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Side lever raise exercise 6

Started by Chris Scarborough, August 23, 2016 · 12 Replies · 183 Views

Chris Scarborough

Re: Side lever raise exercise 6

calls for 5x5@

my question is this 5 reps of the extension/rotation strength exercise shown (3 right/2 left) 5 total or 5 right and 5 left (10 total)??

Chris Scarborough

The video only shows 4 reps

Alessandro Mainente

Foundations one exercise 6 it is not side lever raises. please post your question in the correct subforum section.

Chris Scarborough

Ok.  SL/PE 6: 5x5@

video shows 4 reps.  Workout calls for 5x5@.  Question is -- does this mean 5 reps or 10 (5 per side)?   

Tobias Magnussen

SL/PE6 is circle arch ups? Mastery is 10 reps of 5 sets. One rep is the full circular motion...

Everett Carroll

The videos demonstrate proper form but are not the guideline for number of reps. Tobias is correct in that 1 rep is one full circular motion.

Natan Milgram

What happens if we finish this element in Foundation 1 (mastery for sl6) and still working through others? 

 

Do you recommend we keep doing sets of circular arch ups or vary with something like side plank crunches (from earlier in the splanche series)? 

Tanya Hill

There is always room for refinement, Natan. Id recommend going back and polishing up all your Side Lever exercises.  

Everett Carroll

If all of your SL exercises are polished off then moving to SL>PE7 is your next step. If everything is solid, no need to wait. 

Natan Milgram

Thanks. 

I'm going to polish off sl6 a little better, but for after thats done... How do I access sl7? 

I don't see it as an option. Do I need to purchase F2 for it? If so, can I ask for the link?

 

 

Tobias Magnussen

Yes, you do need to purchase F2 to be able to access SL/PE7. Here is the link : https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/gb-courses/foundation-series/

In terms of polish off your form for SL/PE6, have you tried posting a video for form check on the F1 course forum? Coaches gives really usefull feedback... :)

Natan Milgram

Thanks Tobias! I got the "sign off" for sl5 will post sl6 this weekend. 

And I agree. I'm very impressed by how responsive and helpful the coaches are. Thumbs way up!