Bicep Tendonitis

Started by Alex Smallwood, August 21, 2016 · 8 Replies · 2,330 Views

Alex Smallwood

Hi All. 

New here. I have bicep tendonitis. Can I start F1 now or should I wait?

 

Thanks,

Alex

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Alex, you can work on F1 on the progressions that do not involve the bicep flexion or at least that cause pain until you are free of pain on the daily activities and then have an ultrasound exam to check the tissue situation.

I think that you can freely work on all the major progression except RC.

Coach Sommer

Hi Alex,

Alessandro's training advice is spot on.

However it is even more important that you change the behavior that led to developing the tendonitis in the first place.  Start paying much more attention to how your joints feel; both during and also post workout.  And never train through joint pain.  

When in doubt, shut it down.  If you do too little today, you can always do a little bit more tomorrow.  But ... if you do too much today, it is impossible to undo today's damage tomorrow.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alex Smallwood

Thank you.

Tendonitis has led me to thinking smarter about training. Which has led me to GST.  

What is RC?

Everett Carroll

Good for you, Alex. RC is Rope Climb.

Alex Smallwood

Thanks again. 

Push ups and overhead press aggravate it tremendously!

Alessandro Mainente

Probably it is more serious than normal. please have an unltrasound exam, you should have a reasonable feedback about the intensity of the fibers disorganization.

Alex Smallwood

Thank you for the ultrasound recommendation. I needed to hear that. 

Henry Madsen

Hi Alex, any update on your shoulder situation?