Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think I got the Gymnastic Body thanks to Coach's Foundation

Rajan Shankara

Rajan Shankara

So I just wanted to say thanks to Coach for creating Foundation and Handstand, which has lead me to achieve the gymnastic form that is strong and aesthetic. 

I think like some of us, I joined up, fell in love with the routines and did Foundation hardcore - and then dwindled on inspiration-possibly from burnout- and went back to my old ways of bulking and weight/powerlifting after finishing the first Foundation. Which by the way, for me weightlifting is so much easier than gymnastic strength moves and incredibly boring after a while.

After feeling like a slug, 40lbs heavier and tired all the time, I decided to jump back in and finish what I started. After about 4 months of counting macros I cut back down in weight, from 213lbs to 173, and got my ring, p-bar and single bar strength back. Being so heavy made me terrible at bodyweight work. Today I feel like I did when I first started Foundation, which some of you may remember I was super excited and amazed at the power attained in such a short amount of time. 

It's obvious that F1, F2 and H1 are enough to build the gymnastic form and grab hold of some much desired strength in the process. After only a few weeks of recapping the older progressions I was able to pick up where I left off and will move on to F3 sometime soon and then finish F4 after that. 

I train quietly, twice a day, I eat 1700 calories strictly on a 50, 30, 20 Carb Pro Fat split, and I don't participate in the forums anymore, but I am rooting for you all as I do my routines that Coach created. Good luck and keep training. 

• Upvote 4

Rajan Shankara
On 8/17/2016 at 11:23 PM, Jon Douglas said:

Good job; drop by again and keep us up on your progress :)

Thanks Jon, you have always been an inspiration around here. Always an honor to see a comment from you on a post. You must be done with Foundation by now! 

Rajan Shankara
On 8/17/2016 at 10:14 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Nice results Ryan , keep working!

Thank you Team Leader, it is an honor. 

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Rajan Shankara said:

Thanks Jon, you have always been an inspiration around here. Always an honor to see a comment from you on a post. You must be done with Foundation by now! 

Back to basics, always back to basics :) especially after a seminar and a dose of humble pie!

• Upvote 1