Hello GB community! I'm new to GB and am loving it
Some background: I'm 35, currently live in Northern Ireland, worked at a 9-5 desk job all my life. For 7 years I've done rock climbing - as you can imagine with the desk job I had pretty turned-in shoulders, bad overhead mobility, poor overhead strength, and pretty constant lower back pain (although my pullup strength is reasonable - can do a strict MU and a few 10kg weighted pullups). As I moved to NI last year I discovered Crossfit and joined the club as means of meeting new people in the area. There I was encouraged to try to achieve something that seemed impossible - a handstand and a bridge, together with some other crazy things like olympic lifting skills. In the future I see myself moving away from the high-intensity heavy lifting that is a big part of Crossfit, and more to gymnastic skills which I'm finding very inspirational.
I came to GB specifically for the stretch courses, but decided to buy the package with Foundation and Fundamentals because they looked like they would help balance my body more effectively than Crossfit. Currently I'm doing Crossfit 5-6 days a week, doing their strength /gymnastics/metcon program at our gym 5.30 to 7.30am. Sunday is a rest day. And in terms of GB courses I spend an hour per evening on Monday - FS&MS, Mon+Wed+Fri - Foundation, and Tue-Thu-Sat - HS1.
The question that I have is - through the week, most days I'll have DOMs (in different areas, depending if it was "top" or "bottom half" day at Crossfit). Is it detrimental to do GB courses in the evening if feeling sore? What about stretch courses - can I do FS/MS in the evenings having done 2 hours of intense leg work in the morning? I'm worried that putting more stress on the "worked" muscle groups would make them tighter, or is that even possible?
Many thanks, Kat