Stall Bar exercises and progression

Started by EHILL, December 9, 2009 · 17 Replies · 21,339 Views

EHILL

Newbie Post..

Could someone be nice enough to post up all the exercises that you can do on a stall bar.

I'm almost done building my stall bar for my garage gym.

Many Thanks

Blairbob

for what exercise group? Just the hanging leg lift?

EHILL

hanging leg lift

front and back support holds

inversed leg lift

Nick Van Bockxmeer

well, most of the work has been done for you

hanging leg lift

front/back support

I havent actually tried the supports for a few months (in which time I have actually made some progress towards my levers)

As for the reverse leg lift, I would actually consider it the easiest of the exercises you posted. if it is too hard straddle the legs until you are strong enough to use the pike variation.

I would be interested in seeing some pictures of your stall bars if you don't mind, I would like to build my own but I don't know how I would implement it.

Razz

Human flag is a must-do if you have stall bars :mrgreen:

body levers , russian leg lifts. There are lots and lots of other exercises on stall bars.

Quick Start Test Smith
EHILL said:
Newbie Post......

Could someone be nice enough to post up all the exercises that you can do on a stall bar.

I'm almost done building my stall bar for my garage gym.

Many Thanks

Will you post picks when you're finished? 8)

Blairbob

True, body levers and floor glute ham could probably be worked very easily on the stall bars. I hadn't thought of that till now but we rarely ever have access to the floor beams because the girls are using them and falling off.

EHILL

I will be sure to post some pictures when I'm done. The total cost for the material is around $60. I used pine wood 2x6 instead of 2x4 for safety reasons. I have to work some O.T. this weekend so I hope to have it done by next week.

It should look just like this one when I'm done.

http://www.sportskids.com/superstore/Gy ... +Stall+Bar

I might even stain the pine 2x6 to dress it up.

Thanks for all of your post........

Stall Bar links:

http://gymnasticsstrength.blogspot.com/ ... -bars.html

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1450

Quick Start Test Smith
EHILL said:
I will be sure to post some pictures when I'm done. The total cost for the material is around $60. I used pine wood 2x6 instead of 2x4 for safety reasons. I have to work some O.T. this weekend so I hope to have it done by next week.

It should look just like this one when I'm done.

http://www.sportskids.com/superstore/Gy ... +Stall+Bar

I might even stain the pine 2x6 to dress it up.

Thanks for all of your post........

Stall Bar links:

http://gymnasticsstrength.blogspot.com/ ... -bars.html

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1450

Oh, cool! Stained would be nice, and it might improve gripping.

EHILL

No staining of the bars just the side 2x6's boards. I don't think staining the wooden dowels would be a good thing. But your right it would look nice.....

EHILL

Picture test

EHILL

Anyone know why the picture that I uploaded look this way?

THX...

Guest
EHILL said:
Anyone know why the picture that I uploaded look this way?

THX...

Most likely because you took the picture from your camera and uploaded it directly to the website without reducing its dimensions (it's now 1944px × 2592px; you need to use someting like Photoshop or Paint on your computer to make it smaller, like 500 px wide, before uploading it here). Right now it's too wide for the forum template.

Quick Start Test Smith

Oooh... looks good!

Cole Dano

Looks nice-

I've been thinking of making some of these for my studio, and one thing i'm not sure of the best way to do is, how do you attach the cantilevered wedges at the top?

EHILL

Test...

EHILL
Mr Brady said:
Looks nice-

I've been thinking of making some of these for my studio, and one thing i'm not sure of the best way to do is, how do you attach the cantilevered wedges at the top?

I used 2 wooden pegs per wedge, gorilla glue, and 2 long wood screws from the back side.

I'll start a new post with more pictures in the equipment forum.

THX...

EHILL
biomieg said:
EHILL said:
Anyone know why the picture that I uploaded look this way?

THX...

Most likely because you took the picture from your camera and uploaded it directly to the website without reducing its dimensions (it's now 1944px × 2592px; you need to use someting like Photoshop or Paint on your computer to make it smaller, like 500 px wide, before uploading it here). Right now it's too wide for the forum template.

Thanks I just installed windows 7 on my laptop it's very nice. I downloaded easy thumbnail it work nice thanks for the help.