This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 091207

Started by Coach Sommer, December 7, 2009 · 5 Replies · 1,036 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20091207.jpg

Complete four rounds:

40'

10 Germans

10 Swinging Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) The Wallabys should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Wallabys is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM. As such, do not pause during the 40’ of Wallabys.

2) Perform the Germans immediately after the Wallabys. If you are strong enough, attempt to explode into the ascent adding at hop the top of the Germans.

3) Move immediately from the Germans to the Swinging Dips.

4) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

Razz

Germans with a hop is pretty beastly! have to try that once I'm healed :twisted:

xi xia

Hi Coach,

For the Germans, I tried experimenting with chestroll to curved planche push up today. One, I'm not good at chestrolls so I wanted more work on those and it felt similar and challenging like germans in the pushing area. I didn't have the ability to do one so I tied a band around myself for the chestrolls and did them underneath a pull up bar. It felt quite interesting...the band helped the chestroll and also assisted me just enough to push all the way up and hold for a brief moment. Also allowed me to come down with more control.

What do you think of this sub for Germans? Should I just stop messing around and do the germans? Thanks!

xx

SamSpaiser

I did sets of 40 Wallaby's stationary, 10 push up negatives, and 10 dip negatives, since my strength still needs a lot of work. I still got the plys in but, all exercises back to back, I really needed to ease the exercises as much as possible to be able to complete them with my level of strength. I figure keeping the muscles contracted for such extended periods of time should help me to quickly build the strength necessary to move on to do the more dynamic work. Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Razz

xi xia although I am not coach I think the difference is that Germans in this workout is used as a plyometric or dynamic exercise where as chestroll to planche push up is probably less dynamic, also a curved planche pushup will not teach you the same movement pattern (planche pushup) as Germans do. If there is a better substitute I don't know.

Coach Sommer
xi xia said:
so I tied a band around myself for the chestrolls and did them underneath a pull up bar. It felt quite interesting...the band helped the chestroll and also assisted me just enough to push all the way up and hold for a brief moment. Also allowed me to come down with more control ... What do you think of this sub for Germans

Probably a better substitute for the Germans would have been Wheels. That being said, if the Chest Rolls with band assistance were performed as explosively as possible they could work in this instance.

Great idea with the band!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer