Need help guys!

Started by xcondeezex, April 5, 2008 · 3 Replies · 3,556 Views

xcondeezex

Hey let me start off by giving some background info about me.

Im 16 and have been wrestling for 2 years and working out for around 3. So im not necessarily a week person. I wrestle at 160 pounds and I try not to weigh anymore than 10 pounds more than that. I Just got xtreme rings and I must say I thought I was good at bodyweight exercises but man, dips on bars and dips on these things are way different. I can do around 10 dips on these, around 30 push ups with feet elevated. 15 pull ups, and 7 bulgarian dips. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a few routines to help get my strength on rings because it is much more functional exercise than most weight lifting. And I have a lot more respect for gymnasts strength and physiques and want to be more like them. So if anyone could help with srength and hypertrophy gains thanks.

Blairbob

Muscle-ups and skin the cats early on. Hold the skin the cat in the front and back at horizontal and focus on extending out from there.

Various supporting, push-ups. Lower them down to near floor and do pushup position to something like a cross, arms out ( maltese like or ring fly ).

A routine as far as sets and reps? or as in a combination of exercises? There is one in another thread with a video on youtube.

xcondeezex

thanks. I mean like an entire routine exercises sets reps and all that if possible. I know nothing about ring training I dont know what maltese or planche or anything really is.

George Launchbury

Hi xcondeezex,

Here is a link to Coach's Thread: Beginning Ring Strength Series

> http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=351

This thread contains all the information you should need for now. If you have any specific questions (after reading around and doing a quick search for answers) then you will invariably receive plenty of assistance. I mention this because the generic make me a routine question generally gets very little feedback, since it's quite a one-sided venture.

Good luck, and be careful about hitting the rings too hard to start with. Use good form and recover adequately. They place a lot more stress on your joints than stable bodyweight exercises on bars and floor. A mix of the two might be advisable to start with, and put in some overhead/handstand work (on the floor, not rings to start with) as well maybe?

Regards,

George.