when should i start jefferson curls and shoulder dislocates

Started by Kevin Edwards, July 15, 2016 · 2 Replies · 2,199 Views

Kevin Edwards

Hello, 

I am new to to this site and I am on week two of fundamentals. I have listened to all of Coaches podcasts and keep hearing about the benefits of jefferson curls and shoulder dislocates. I was wondering if this is something I should start now or should I wait until it is covered in fundamentals or foundations?

Also, I have a MRI verified L4 herniated disc, I still have a little numbness in my lower leg but mostly I am pain free.. I have been given the go ahead by my doctor to do stretching and light exercise. So I started fundamentals GST to build my core. Should I be doing anything else or take any special precautions with my condition? Jefferson curls?

Thanks

Kevin

 

Alessandro Mainente

Jefferson curl is an exercise at the beginning of foundations but we prefer you finish fundamentals FIRST (beside this suggestion you need to check a physio in order to see if it is doable by you, simply because it puts a great amount of stress on the back).

DIslocate it is not an introductory exercise, it is presented in handstand one that could be a choice after fundamentals completion.

Kevin Edwards

thanks