This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How long should I work on the fundamentals course?

Started by Tom Woods, July 15, 2016 · 4 Replies · 263 Views

Tom Woods

Hi,

I've worked through the Fundamentals course but I'm a little lost about what I should do now.

The course was really useful in highlighting some mobility issues for me and some of the movements/exercises I found really challenging.

So, my question is: should I now work on these exercises over the next few months to improve some of the issues highlighted or should I move straight onto the foundation course?

Cheers,

Tom Woods

Jon Douglas

Congrats on taking the first steps and setting up for success :)

Tom Woods

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I've read through the post you mentioned but my question stills stands.

Do I move on to the foundation course straight after finishing the fundamentals course i.e. after day 24 even though I have issues with some of the exercises? Or, should I work on the exercises in the fundamentals course until my issues have improved/cleared up before starting with foundation?

Cheers,

Tom

 

Jon Douglas

Those questions are answered in the link Ale posted :)

Yes, go onto Foundation on completing Fundamentals. Continue with the daily limber and use Fundamentals exercises as warmups and mobility drills as appropriate; by which I mean monitor those you find difficult as you get stronger and more mobile. There isn't prescribed programming having finished the course; you might try something like a 10-15 block of warmup time devoted to Fundamentals movements to prep for harder work :)