This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Finished Day 24... What now?

Started by Philip Bedwell, June 6, 2016 · 34 Replies · 3,260 Views

Philip Bedwell

Hi

So I've completed the last day of foundations just now. Loved the course and have noticed a massive difference in my hip mobility but still humbled by my tight shoulders and calves.

 

Working the daily limber and various animal movements everyday for 15-30 minutes. 

 

I've had a look at a few of the courses and wondered what the next best step is? The movement one looks great but I'm guessing foundations is the best way to go? 

Mats Trane

Go for Foundations and Handsrand 1

Philip Bedwell

I was looking and saw the Foundations and GB+ package which looks interesting too?

Why the handstand first? Although, I have to be honest I've wanted and freestanding Handstand and a strict muscle up as fitness goals for a long long time!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

GB+ is a follow-along workout video/workout scheduler for Foundation. Highly recommended to troubleshoot the beginnings of Foundation 1

Jon Douglas

Handstand one together with Foundation 1 is the next step :)

Notethat Coach divides GST into basic strength, dynamic strength, ring strength, mobility and handstand. The fact that it has its own distinct stream is an indication of how important it is to overall development :)

Philip Bedwell

Thanks for the advice everyone. 

Going for the Foundations, GB+ and Handstand package.

In the future I'm thinking Movement and Thoracic Bridge is the way to go.

Anthony Del Balso

I'm in the same boat, and have been trying to figure out HOW to order the next steps. It doesn't appear this recommended course bundle is available.

In the Foundations page, I have a couple options:

FOUNDATION ONE WITH GB PRO+

OR 

FOUNDATION ONLINE COURSE SERIES

Neither appear to include handstand.

There is a separate bundle of Handstand AND Movement available.

 

This page, indicates Handstand would be AFTER completing Foundation, Front Splits, Thoracic Bridge, and Middle splits. Yet the coaches on this forum indicated a different progression. 

How long in calendar duration is each foundation series?

If I am doing foundation + handstand, does that mean I need to find time to workout for a longer time each day? Or do you recommend doing every other day between the two programs? or every other week?  So many questions!

 

Is there a way to call and talk with someone?

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

You can message the support team for help.

All of the courses function symbiotically. There is no this then that order to the first level of all the programs (foundation, handstand, movement). 

GB Pro+ and Foundation 1, will get you sorted as you start out. Adding in Handstand One would be a good next step as handstands are vital to gymnastics on every level. Furthermore, the stretch series would simply expedite your work with foundation by targeting your flexibility issues. 

 

Does that help clear it up? You can setup your workouts in a large variety of ways. You will figure that out, though, in the process and over the course of training. 

There is no calendar duration for any of the programs. They take as long as they take and depend on your levels of commitment, humility, and grit. They last a lifetime, but for most people take about 2 years to complete (namely Foundation1), but it varies.

Jon Douglas

As a point of reference I alternate days with Foundation/stretch MWF and Handstand TT :)

Anthony Del Balso

Thanks. I am trying to stay just with foundation for a while. To see how I like it.

 

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
On June 8, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Anthony Del Balso said:

Thanks. I am trying to stay just with foundation for a while. To see how I like it.

 

 

No harm with that, you'll recover more between workouts.

Coach Sommer

- My personal preference is for everyone to start Foundation 1/Pro+ immediately after Fundamentals.  Be sure to use the F1/Pro+ follow along workout videos every single day.  Doing so will greatly accelerate your progress and success with F1.  For many, the combination of the integrated mobility elements performed in combination with the GB instructors led workout tempo will be a godsend for addressing those recently discovered mobility deficits.

- Once you are a couple of weeks in and comfortable with F1, then begin integrating the GB Stretch courses into your workouts.

- After a month or so, you might consider adding Handstand One to your training; if you would like to begin skill training or find yourself in need of additional specific wrist preparation and shoulder flexion/extension work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Anthony Del Balso

thanks all, and thanks coach Sommer.

 

Philip Bedwell

Thanks to everyone and the Coach for the feedback.

Nolan Phillips

Hey @Coach Sommer, is F1/Pro+ similar to the Fundamental series in that I can do it from home/without equipment or would we need access to ropes/rings/bars?

Coach Sommer

Hi Nolan,

The equipment listing that William mentioned above is for the entire F1 course; to get started will require only some floor space, a set of fitness rings and a light (2-5lb) dumbbell.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Kelby O'Shea

Thank you coach and to all the forum moderators for the recommendations for how to continue.

I would just like to thank you for a great course. I've just finished the last day and it has really changed my mobility for the better. I have been doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for 5 months and loving it, but I was constantly tight and painful through the middle of the spine. By the time I reached the second week of the fundamentals course that pain had disappeared and my performance on the mat has really improved.

See you all in Foundation 1!

Natan Milgram
On 6/9/2016 at 5:54 PM, Coach Sommer said:

- My personal preference is for everyone to start Foundation 1/Pro+ immediately after Fundamentals.  Be sure to use the F1/Pro+ follow along workout videos every single day.  Doing so will greatly accelerate your progress and success with F1.  For many, the combination of the integrated mobility elements performed in combination with the GB instructors led workout tempo will be a godsend for addressing those recently discovered mobility deficits.

- Once you are a couple of weeks in and comfortable with F1, then begin integrating the GB Stretch courses into your workouts.

- After a month or so, you might consider adding Handstand One to your training; if you would like to begin skill training or find yourself in need of additional specific wrist preparation and shoulder flexion/extension work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hi coach, 

I am about to start the F1 pro+ program and need to clarify what you mean when you suggest to follow along the videos every single day. On another post, the suggestion is to avoid over training and aim for a 4 day a week schedule,yet her you seem to advocate for 7 days a week of training. Please clarify. 

Thanks! 

Cory Fair

Don't worry, every single workout day and not every literal day was meant. :) 

Natan Milgram

Ok thank you 

Kevin Bulmann

I paid for Fundamentals but want to move onto the foundations package.  Is there a way to pay for just the foundations?  Every option is see also includes fundamentals in the foundations courses

 

Mary Forman

In lieu of fitness rings, would suspension straps (eg. TRX) be acceptable? Straps are easier to setup in the home. Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

In the nearly future since you are required to stay in the support position on rings, the TRX makes it difficult if not impossible.

Doug Maarschalk

Hi Coach

I'm interested in the F1/Pro+ program and would like to know the equipment/setup requirement. Is it something that can easily be done from home or do you need to have certain equipment or setup to make it worthwhile?

Thanks

Doug