This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Finished Day 24... What now?

Started by Philip Bedwell, June 6, 2016 · 34 Replies · 3,260 Views

Jon Douglas

You can get started on F1 with a dumbbell, a box, some rings and some floor space. Long term a bar, a barbell, and stall bars would be great :)

Leo Trinidad

F1 and Pro+ is the way to go! :)
you guys are so lucky that Pro+ is available right now. follow along with top GB instructors with guided tempo. follow each Day and you'll progress fast (its like a walkthrough) 

yes and you don't need much equipment. some rings and light dumbbells. i used to substitute Jungle Gym(suspension trainers) for the rings before but the best way to go is to invest on a pair of rings.

Mary Forman
On July 9, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Kevin Bulmann said:

I paid for Fundamentals but want to move onto the foundations package.  Is there a way to pay for just the foundations?  Every option is see also includes fundamentals in the foundations courses

 

I am in the same boat. Is there a way to purchase a package that does not include fundamentals again? Thank you

Cory Fair

You can go to the course series pages such as Foundation for individual courses or series packages. For the bundle that also had F1/Pro+ and the stretch series there's a direct upgrade available here. 

Mary Forman

Thank you, Cory. That link takes me to a page that buys something called "Fundamentals Upgrade to Most Popular Package," which is not completely descriptive. According to this GB link, the most popular package includes F1w/Pro+, Front Splits, Thoracic Bridge, and Middle Bridge. Can you confirm your direct upgrade link contains those packages?

Cory Fair

Yes, that is correct

Colin Keats

Hi folks,

First time posting here. Just finished fundamentals.

So it sounds like Foundations One is the next step for me. I was wondering what type of training frequency (how many days a week) and workout duration (30-60 minutes?) is involved. I have been training now for 15 years, mostly weightlifting and basic bodyweight movements, and was wondering if it is possible to still lift weights and perform F1? Obviously cutting back on total  volume to allow the extra GST.

Also, a big weakness for me is my wrist strength and bad elbows, which probably go hand in hand. Would F1 provide enough     direct wrist/forearm/elbow prep or should I also start Handstand One?

Sounds like a lot to focus on at one time but I would hate to give up weightlifting completely. 

 

Jon Douglas

Hi Colin,

Congrats on getting through Fundamentals :)

Workout frequency can be quite varied in Foundation- level training. Personally I train one of the lowest - volume splits for on the order of 30mins x 3days a week, excluding warmup and stretching. This in combination with the other courses is doing very well by me; we generally recommend people startat this lower end and gradually increase the volume to find their particular balance of work/recovery for the fastest and most sustainable results.

Wrists and forearms are covered in depth in Handstand One. These elements are excellent and personally I do them as part of my warmup 6 days a week too :) elbows are addresses via the combination of bent and straight arm strength such as planche and support progressions; this is more the Foundation domain :)

Regarding the weights, individual cases vary depending on priorities, strength levels and exercise choice, but people seem to have done best by adding 1-2 sets of their pet lift as maintenance and regarding that as maintaining practise in it, while they devote the bulk of a workout to gradually upping the average comprehensively via GST. People aren't putting on bodybuilder size this way, but they very commonly are increasing their lifts.

I hope that gives you a starting point :)

Ron Russell

Hello wonderful people of gymnastic bodies.  I always hated the traditional exercises at a gym lifting weights, etc and have greatly preferred what I've seen in the foundation track to anything else I've experienced in 48 years of life.  Thank you for creating something like this, I can now touch my toes.

I've completed the foundation track but can't afford an upgrade right now as I'm not employed at the moment.  Is there a workout regimen that will keep me moving forward with just the material I've already purchased?

Thank you,

Ron 

Mark Collins

I would build some volume with the Fundamental exercises and add some cardio in the form of walking, running, bike or swim.