Labral tear

Started by John Aldama, July 11, 2016 · 3 Replies · 1,908 Views

John Aldama

@Wesley Tan @Mark Collins

Good afternoon,

I recently acquired a labral tear in my left shoulder and I am trying to continue with the training as best as I can without furthering my injury. I am trying to find some core work advice/programming/routines that will keep me off my shoulder until I get the go ahead from the docs to start using it again. Does anybody on here have any advice or encountered a similar situation? Anything is helpful!

Alessandro Mainente

I'm sorry about your injury. Labral tear should be surgically repaired, the risk if friction from bone to bone and future shoulders instability.

John Aldama

Still awaiting a surgery date. Do you happen to have any core strength programming or routines that will not utilize putting weight on the shoulders? I'm trying to stay up and forward as best as I can.

Alessandro Mainente

You can evaluate legs strenght and for the core every exercise where the arm is held under the shoulder level. check by yourself what it is not painful. in the case of soft tiossue isolated like shoulders it is enough to stay away from pain. arm along the body it is good.