This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My training log

Started by Emil Brannmark, December 2, 2009 · 68 Replies · 3,801 Views

Jeffrey

Did wendler before I got my injury. Great program with great results but those DL rep outs are brutal. My body felt sore even three days after. Very taxing on the system so be carefull with overall training volume.

Emil Brannmark

Yeah, I've no plans of going to failure on the reps. In yesterdays workoout for instance I definitely had some more reps in the tank but felt like my lower back started to round a bit (which is always what gives out first when I deadlift) so I called it a day. Still was hard and felt productive. Not very sore today.

Emil Brannmark

27/1

Back squat 132,5kgx5x3

Press 50kgx5x3 (Starting low here, planning for some more linear increases. Presses have always been extremely stubborn for me, partially because of my messed up shoulder)

Chin/pull/chinups X/11/10

Good mornings 40kg 10/15/10 (Starting light here. Goal is some assistance work to help my lower back which is always the weak point in the deadlift. It's an extremely frustrating feeling when you know that you can lift the weight but will have to round your back to do so which isn't acceptable in training. Hopefully strengthening the lower back will let me fail at the knees instead or something.)

Jeffrey

Solid session Emil. GM's are great but make sure you technique is right. Looking forward to your progression .

Emil Brannmark

29/1

Back squat 135kg 5/5/4 Not sure why I missed but I think my depth in general was a fair bit better than last workout, so I guess increasing weight + increasing depth was too much. Like my form and strength in general tho.

Bar dips + 15kg 5,5,5

Body lever negatives 5,5,5

Some pullups

Emil Brannmark

31/1

Deadlift 120kgx3, 135kgx3, 152.5kgx12

Kroc rows 29.7kg dbx20x2

L-sit 4xnear max

Stretching

Ski trip next week so maybe some calisthenics but nothing major.

Razz

some heavy squats and dl's :twisted:

Jeffrey

Great rep out emil! Keep up the good work

Emil Brannmark

So back from a week of traveling to ski resort, and skiing. In total 3 days spent on snow. Everything went great, and I seemed to pick up the skiing pretty easily. Having somewhat strong legs helps, as well as having played hockey when younger, and done some cross country skiing.

Will do more of this for sure.

Scale read 91kg this morning, so +2kg. Yay.

Emil Brannmark

8/1

Deadlift 127.5kgx5, 145kgx3, 160kgx10!

Kroc rows 32.2kgx20x2

L-sit 4xnear max

Stretching

Emil Brannmark

11/1 Climbing (sucked, deconditioned flexors and grip and bad technique)

Pullups ~8,8,8

Body lever negatives 5x2

Jeffrey

2kg is a great progression Emil! Keep up the good work :D

Emil Brannmark

12/2

Squat 130kgx5x2 120kgx7

Bench 60kgx5,5,8

Tuck back lever 20secx3

Good morning 45kgx15x3

So as usual presses are the bane of my existence.

Emil Brannmark

14/2 One hour of squash

Squat 100kgx5, 110kgx5, 120kgx9

Press 52.5kgx4, 40kgx10

Chinups 10, 10

Emil Brannmark

16/2

Deadlift 125kgx5, 135kgx5, 147.5kgx16!

Bench press 62.5kg x5,5,9

Kroc rows 32.2kgx20x2

Vertical situps x15, 12

3 more reps with 2.5kg more weight. Awesome progress if you ask me. Failed at the knees on rep 17, good lumbar extension throughout the set.

Jeffrey

Big rep out! Your making solid progression on the wendler program. Keep up the good work :D

Emil Brannmark

20/2

Back squat 105kgx5, 115kgx5, 125kgx11! PR I guess.

Shoulder press 52.5kgx5x3

Good morning 50kgx12x3

Chinups 14,11,10

Solid workout though I realize I am drifting again towards weight training. Hope you'll let me stay here nonetheless.

Emil Brannmark

23/2

Deadlift 122.5x3, 140x3, 157.5kgx15

Bench press 65kgx5x3

Kroc rows 34.2kgx20x2

Vertical situps 15, 15

Emil Brannmark

Squat 130kgx5x3

Press 53.5kgx3,2 40kgx10x2

Pullups 10,12,7

Sucky workout but whatever, Got some work in.