Training multiple programs at once

Started by Leonard Foley, July 5, 2016 · 5 Replies · 2,531 Views

Leonard Foley

I've recently purchased fundamentals, foundation one with pro+, front splits, thoracic bridge, middle splits, and the skill series (handstand one and movement one).  My questions are as follows: Is fundamentals to be performed on it's own, without training any of the other programs?  (I realize foundation comes after fundamentals, so I am referring to the stretching series and the skill series).  Do I wait until I start the foundation series to integrate the other programs into my training, and if so, how do I go about scheduling something like this?  I would love to start training in all of these areas as soon as possible, I just need a little guidance in creating the optimal workout schedule.  My final question(s) is in relation to the rope climb.  I do not have access to a rope, or to a facility that has a rope.  How do I go about mastering this skill without somewhere to train it?  Apologies if these questions have already been answered, I was not able to find a forum topic about it.  Thanks for any advice you guys have for me.

Mikkel Ravn

About the rope, you'll have plenty of time to figure that out. Actual rope work doesn't appear until Foundation 4 - Until then you're using bars and rings.

Alessandro Mainente

If you are completely new to GST you should follow fundamentals for the prescribed number of days. this will definitely creates solid bases for future foundations ,stretch series and handstand one training. there is no necessity for now to train together all those courses if you are a beginner.

Leonard Foley

Great, thanks a lot for the replies.  Much appreciated. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

you're welcome Leonard.

Jon Douglas

You're gonna have some fun :D just keep chipping the days off and it can't help but work.