This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE1 and im Form check

Started by Johan Tideland, July 1, 2016 · 9 Replies · 140 Views

Johan Tideland

Hello, I have started working on the FL/PE1 again after a back injury that has been taking long time to recover from. 

If you want to know more about the injury you can read here https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/24136-recovering-from-a-herniated-disc-a-few-question-long-text/#comment-210430

I feel very stiff in my spine when doing this, and I can feel some mild discomfort at the lumbar/thoracic spine transition when doing the im, it gets better as a go along and usually at my 4th set It feels pretty good, however I can still feel that my spine is stiff.

I think that my spinal mobility is very limited, but I want to improve it.

Here is a video from my last workout, 4th set 

https://youtu.be/GdM1a5ziTQM

I happy for all the feeback I can get.

Johan

Alessandro Mainente

Did you check a physio in order to understand what you can do and what you should not do?

Johan Tideland

yes I did, and I have gotten a lot of rehab exercises from my physio that I have been and still am working on. She has told me that it is ok to do this excercise as long as it is not getting any worse and as long I don't feel any sharp pain or "pinching" in the discs. She also advised me to go to a ROM on the im where I feel no pain and gradually increase it. 

Overall she tells me that the im is a good exercise and if can do it, it will help me with my recovery. On the PE she tells me that I have to be very careful to do it with correct form so that I am not putting pressure on the discs, but as long as it is good form it is ok (that's why I make a form check).

Johan

 

Johan Tideland

Hello again, bumping this up.

Here is a video from today's  workout. To me it still looks and feels like I have limited mobility.

https://youtu.be/ZXb_gcycPEs

/Johan

Guido Franchetti

I am not an expert, but in the PE I think you should lower slightly the feet, they should be just off the ground so to engage more the lower abs. The iM looks fine to me.

Alessandro Mainente

Heels closer to the ground as cited above and reduce a bit the hips extension.

Johan Tideland

This is from today's workout, I have tried to reduce the hip extension and moved heels closer to the ground.

I am not yet at 5x60s but when reach it would this form be good enough for mastery?

https://youtu.be/tiYLOuFyEe8

Johan Tideland

From today's workout, deload week. 

Would the from be considered acceptable? https://youtu.be/7HqspB65f1U

thanks in advance

Johan

Jon Douglas

Hi Johan,

I can't see the hip/stomach position in the video. The upper half looks fine; for the moment close the hips a little to have your thighs at 90 degrees :)

Johan Tideland

Hi Jon, thank you for the feedback, here is a video from today when I have closed the hip angle a bit. https://youtu.be/c3I3-OdVlMs

May I ask what you mean with the thighs at 90 degrees? I do not really understand that.

Thanks 

Johan