I'm new to the site. There are various threads but as a new guy I hope folks might cut me a little slack. I get the impression that Gymnasts do strength training every day in one form or the other. It seems to me if they are on the apparatus they will stress their muscles and they need to do this to practice the skills as well.
How do they prevent overtraining? I'd imagine wreslters must have a similar situation as they have to practice every day to get their moves down and wreslting is hard work in the base case.
So do they vary the intensity and that is sifficient to allow recovery? or are they so well conditioned over time that their muscles can handle the load?
So many training gurus are stressing not going to failure, make sure you allow time to recover. How do gymnasts deal with this. I like the site and look forward to learning more.
Pete